Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

• 2 weeks later...

Red Bull Records is pretty lame.  Shipped me a copy of Beartooth's Disgusting (which was overpriced compared to everywhere else, but it was the only place to order it at the time...).  Beat to shit and back.  They promised to send a replacement, but never did and stopped answering e-mails.  Avoid this label and their fucking Fedex shipping.

Sandbag are constant source of irritation for me (Sandyballbag maybe?). They're a kind of store front for artists\bands to sell through and they handle all the purchasing\shipping palaver.

They're forever shorting items, sending the wrong items, inadequate protection (no cardboard stiffeners, 2 7"s in a jiffy bag, that kind of thing), damaged, delayed etc etc. The customer service is cold and unsympathetic. They are the worst by far and I buy ~20-30 records a month online. I try to steer clear of them as much as I can, but they also are sometimes the only place to buy the vinyl for a particular artist. 

Thanks for listening :)

i've had nothing but perfect experience with orchid tapes. they use great mailers that i trust enough to reuse, even for rarities. never had an issue except the wait time for the order, which is fine given the nature of their business.

fork and spoon records shipped with minor corner dings which was a bit disappointing, and the pressing was average. it was acceptable enough for me to feel okay ordering a $15 record from them in the future, however.

• 2 weeks later...

Really pleased with Bull Moose. Placed an order with them a couple months ago to go priority mail ($6 shipping). They shipped it media mail but gave me $10 store credit. Used the credit this past Friday toward an order to go free shipping via media mail, which they offer on orders over $25. I get home Monday & my order is sitting there waiting for me. They shipped it priority at no extra charge. Bull Moose, you rock!

Mylene Sheath has the best customer service I have ever dealt with.

For instance, the last order I placed I forgot to add at 7" to my order, so I hit them up to send me an invoice for the difference.

They reply:

"Yo Matt!

Hope your Friday has been going great :)

To show our appreciation of your past orders, we'll just include it. Nothing else needed :)

Thanks as always Matt, and please let me know if there's anything else we can do for you - have an awesome weekend!!!"
---

Lindsey and Joel are the best. Been ordering through them for years and wish them nothing but the best.

I always hear great things about Mylene Sheath and I love their product and newsletters, but does anyone else find it hard to get ahold of them?

I placed a order of 4 LP's (3 were in stock) including Jakob's Sines on October 20th.  After waiting a week, I e-mailed them to ask if the other 3 had shipped out yet, with no reply. 3 days later I e-mailed again and they did reply saying that to save shipping costs they would send them all at the same time end of November when the Jakob pre-order drops.  I e-mailed them back to ask if I could pay a little additional shipping to have the other 3 LP's shipped now with no response.

I've e-mailed them twice in the past week to ask if their is a timeline for the Jakob LP and the rest of the 3 to ship and told them that I have recently moved and would like to change my shipping address if the package hasn't shipped yet.

No response to either. Getting slightly frustrated.

Despite weird rumors, Meadowbrook Records are amazing.

Rumors?  Ha.  I thought they shut down.  They still owe me a tape, and it took them like 6 months to get me my order from them.  Also, wasn't that the label that was associated with the piece of shit dude who was sexually assaulting minors?  (It could have been another label, I don't remember).  (I was thinking of Glass Nail).

And I'm not sure of the truth to this, but I'm pretty sure Free Throw never got their original Grandview tapes from them.  When I first got the tape I posted a picture and a dude in Free Throw commented, "They exist!!".

Rumors? Ha. I thought they shut down. They still owe me a tape, and it took them like 6 months to get me my order from them. Also, wasn't that the label that was associated with the piece of shit dude who was sexually assaulting minors? (It could have been another label, I don't remember).

And I'm not sure of the truth to this, but I'm pretty sure Free Throw never got their original Grandview tapes from them. When I first got the tape I posted a picture and a dude in Free Throw commented, "They exist!!".

OH WHAT THE FUCK? I want to know more about this scumbag. Message them on facebook, they replied to me in a day. Free Throw never actually did get the old ones.

OH WHAT THE FUCK? I want to know more about this scumbag. Message them on facebook, they replied to me in a day. Free Throw never actually did get the old ones.

If they're still up and running it couldn't be the same dude I'm thinking of. Anyone know what label I'm thinking of?

You are confused about Measowbrook. Glass Nail is who you are referring to in regards to sex with minors, kind of a shitty mistake to make. The guy from Glass Nail is a shady shitty dude so blast away there. And yes, he closed up shop on Meadowbrook.

Edited my post.  Shitty mistake to make, but the post was there for a few minutes, no harm done to the Meadowbrook dude.  And yeah, I thought Meadowbrook had shut down, but Bladie just said he got some new tapes from them.  I can't remember anything, were they the label that screwed Arrows In Her, before you jumped in?  Or was that Glass Nail too?  

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?