BRAND NEW "DEVIL AND GOD" 180G 2XLP - OUT 03.16

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about international customers? Would it be possible to order?

Right now, we could only get U.S and Canadian distribution rights. BUT we are working hard on getting international rights. There's just a lot of red tape.

This suuuucks. Hope you can figure a work around, otherwise I'll have to find a VC member who is willing to help me out.

I was incredibly excited when they first announced this so the announcement from AFS didn't quite hit me as hard, but I was just thinking about it and holy fuck am I excited now. The packaging sounds gorgeous, and the colors are great. I'm definitely gonna shoot for a Black/White swirl, and depending on the price, I might get an Orange/White swirl copy as well!

Good evening everyone!

First off - I am sending this to everyone on our mailing list as this story is worth a quick read due to its strangeness, but it basically only concerns those who pre-ordered Brand New's Devil and God... vinyl. So if you really don't care, don't force it, there's nothing to see here for you. :)

Okay, down to business! I am very sorry for the delay that this email was hit with. We've been dealing with the flu and every time I'd start to do anything, I'd start to feel crappy and be back in bed. But that was then and this is now! :)

Some of you may have already picked up on this, but for those who are still waiting for the full story, here it is, constructed from scuttlebutt and messages from the Vinyl Collective message board. That basically means if I constructed this strong improperly at any point, its because none of this is truly first-hand information (details about the new version and our deal are exempt because they are first-hand).

Here goes:

Two record labels - one being Triple Crown Records, the other having just been revealed as Mightier Than Sword Records - were both working on pressing Brand New's Devil and God... album on vinyl at the same time and didn't know it. From what I've gathered based on message board posts from someone who works at Universal and has access to their licensing database, Triple Crown not only doesn't have the rights to press the record but they never did. It then came out that it was actually licensed by Mightier Than Sword Records, who then finally made the release official with an announcement at the end of last week.

The Mightier Than Sword Records' version of the record is a "deluxe, audiophile version will be available on double 180 gram vinyl, including a double inner-sleeved gatefold jacket" and will be released on March 16th, 2010, to take the words directly from the horse's mouth. This will be pressed on five different colors, each limited to 500 copies. One of those colors will be the retail exclusive white, which will only be available in select stores. We will be one of those stores as I have secured 1/5 of those white copies for us, which is more than enough to cover every single one of our pre-orders.

Unfortunately, it is not all roses - there are two catches. The first: this version is more expensive than the previous version that many of you pre-ordered. The exact difference is still being determined as I don't have a wholesale price from the label yet, but I'm hoping for the difference to be between $4 and $6. If you pre-ordered at the Black Friday price, I have bad news - we aren't going to be able to honor that price because it was very specific to not only the Triple Crown release but also the distributor we were getting those extra copies from - neither of those factors are involved in this version. So its the same deal - you'll need to pay the difference between what you paid and what we end up charging.

I figure solving this is pretty simple: you can either pay the difference when it comes time (probably sometime February and keep your pre-order spot or you can get a refund/swap/exchange/store credit/whatever for the record. Anyone who keeps their pre-order but would like to get the rest of their order early, drop us a line and we'll let you know the cost to do so.

Again, I am very sorry for the delayed email about all of this. If you pre-ordered, please contact us via email or from your order directly on our site and let us know if you are in or out on the Brand New pre-order, and if out, how you'd like your money back (refund, maybe get a different record, whatever you want) and we'll get that taken care of when work resumes after New Year's. I do not know when we will be reopening the pre-orders for this record, but hopefully sometime next month.

Just a quick note before I finish - thanks to everyone who made the Thrice Beggars' pre-order our little store's biggest hit yet as we have only a couple left from our 150 copy allotment! The winner of our test pressing contest has also been chosen and will be receiving their test pressing with their order without prior knowledge. I thought it'd be funner if it was a surprise! When you do get it, if you read this, I'd love a photo of you with it to post here on the site, if its not too much of a bother.

Whatever you do or don't celebrate this week, make sure you have a good time. And if you play Modern Warfare 2 on the Xbox, come frag with me and mention this email and maybe I'll hook you up with a gift card or a free record or something cool. I play terribly under the user name punkrawkneko.

Take care everyone!

^^nerdalert email.

Pretty cool. Looks like I will be getting the white and white and black swirl now.

so stoked that the nerd alert pre orders are still legit! Woooh!

why wouldn't they be?

umm because interpunk orders were all cancelled, because the distributed copies are only going to a "select few" retailers? I'm just pleased that it saved me the trouble of ordering the damned record again.....

you wanna fight or something?