Whats the furthest you've driven....

davezer

i was gonna go straight through, but i decided to stop just outside Akron Ohio. i knocked out 800 miles today. just 550 more to go! i didn't feel like dealing with Penn at night. middle of no where, dark as fuck. i'll leave super early tomorrow and get to CT for about 6est. i'm stoked to be going home!

A few years ago the lady and I drove from Vancouver to Regina in a straight shot; that's 1,723 kilometres or 1,071 miles. We did it in around 27 hours, give or take a few pit stops. I did the first 15 hours while she slept off and on. I slept for just under six hours after that and then did the last six or seven hours. It was a fucking nightmare.

Most of the suggestions to this point are good ones. Take comedy albums, familiar music you can vocalize to to stay alert, or even a good audio book or two. I had a five disc reading of Mike Wallace's memoirs that I listened to back to front, it was fascinating and really helped me focus up. Aside from pulling over and sleeping, its a good idea if you feel the slightest bit sleepy to pull over and do some roadside exercise. Run a few laps around the car, do some pushups and some jumping jacks, just get your blood moving.

by myself: LA to San Jose in just under 6 hours many times

with others: LA to Denver in about 12.5ish hours. somewhere around 1000 miles. i think i averaged 105 mph through nevada / utah. it was at night and i couldn't help but liquefy a rabbit that jumped under my tire at the last possible moment that i wouldn't even dare to even turn the wheel for. tip:don't swerve or slam the brakes for wildlife

The furthest I've ever driven by myself is probably only like 4 hours or something.

But this summer me and some friends drove from Bloomington, IL to NYC overnight only stopping for gas. We left at like 8 at night and got to NYC around 11 the next morning i think. It was a fucking great time and looking back, I can't recall any specific things we did to stay awake.