HOT TOPIC CLEARANCE VINYL THREAD - UPDATED 12/6/11

Picked up some stuff yesterday

Silversun Pickups - Swoon for $11 on black 180 gram 2xLP

D4 - This Shit Is Genius for $4 on white

Austin Lucas - Somebody Loves You for $5 or $6 on black/red split

oh my godddd i want swoon so bad. go back and buy another and ship it with STD, and ill throw you another $11? ;D;D;D;D

haha I think I got the last one and out of the 4 stores Ive been to recently it was the only one who had it left. Sorry dude!

Does anyone buy new vinyl at hot topic? It seems like it just sits there until it goes on clearance.

I tend to make my purchases during the clearance sales, but I did buy the BYO boxset new...with a coupon. The clearance sales are fun, you never know what you may get your hands on for cheap.

Didn't ring up as 50% for me.

Very strange.

I think I even saw someone else on this thread saying they picked it up for 50% off.

Everything on that list should be 50% off. This is the first time Ive heard of this happening on any record we're ever put on clearance.

Yeah, I had the guy check before I bought it just in case cause it wasn't in the clearance (but neither were the other two I picked up that rung half off), and it was full price. Its not that bad though, I didn't need it. The jacket had a majorrrrrrr crease in it.

Hey, so I bought "Grey Brittan" and all the inside artwork is censored. Is this just a hot Topic thing or was it like this for all vinyl? I mean, I don't really love the art, but it beats a big black bar.

It's like that in the CD, too -- it's a gigantic drawing Frank did of all sorts of fucked up stuff:

http://youngsoulsbreakmoulds.blogspot.com/2009/05/gallows-grey-britain-banned-artwork.html

Hey, so I bought "Grey Brittan" and all the inside artwork is censored. Is this just a hot Topic thing or was it like this for all vinyl? I mean, I don't really love the art, but it beats a big black bar.

It's like that in the CD, too -- it's a gigantic drawing Frank did of all sorts of fucked up stuff:

http://youngsoulsbreakmoulds.blogspot.com/2009/05/gallows-grey-britain-banned-artwork.html

I really don't recall the CD (but I did buy it), is it like that in there too? Why even put the bar?

quick question.

does anybody know if the matt skiba/kevin seconds split at HT is the original pressing or what? any info on it would be appreciated.

thanks

anybody have any info on this.. pleaseeeee?

i doubt it, im sure theres several pressings mixed around out there

i think every pressing has been the same except the one where the HWM artwork was on the Alk3 side and the Alk3 artwork was on the HWM side