HOT TOPIC CLEARANCE VINYL THREAD - UPDATED 12/6/11

haven't picked up too much this time around.

finally got the Get Up Kids "4 Minute Mile" LP and Mastodon "Divinations" pic disc that I've been eyeing a while now. picked up the Polar Bear Club "sometimes..." lp too.

anyone seen copies of Gallows, Isis, Touche Amore, Between the buried and me or Have Heart clearance titles in their local stores? none of mine have them... would be down to trade or pay for these titles if anyone can scrounge them up for me. lemme know...

Nabbed the Fake Problems LP for 4.98...funny story. I asked my local HT where the clearance vinyl was. They looked at me funny, talked to each other about how it was being stored in an extra fitting room and then brought it out in a big stack and threw it on the counter. AWESOME. After I was done rifling through it, it went back to the dark corner of that fitting room.

No Isis or PBC...argh.

Nabbed the Fake Problems LP for 4.98...funny story. I asked my local HT where the clearance vinyl was. They looked at me funny, talked to each other about how it was being stored in an extra fitting room and then brought it out in a big stack and threw it on the counter. AWESOME. After I was done rifling through it, it went back to the dark corner of that fitting room.

No Isis or PBC...argh.

It never hurts to ask. I had a feeling some of them were in the back or something.

travis: is there something special about the Mall of America store? Nothing's ever on clearance when I go there in the vinyl section. Bought the Austin Lucas LP, too, before I read your thread and it was full price.

LAME

Sometimes stores dont mark their clearance vinyl as being on clearance but when its rung up it will ring up as being 50% off if it is on clearance. This round of clearance mark downs didnt take effect until Monday or Tuesday so if you bought it before that it would have been full price.

travis: is there something special about the Mall of America store? Nothing's ever on clearance when I go there in the vinyl section. Bought the Austin Lucas LP, too, before I read your thread and it was full price.

LAME

Sometimes stores dont mark their clearance vinyl as being on clearance but when its rung up it will ring up as being 50% off if it is on clearance. This round of clearance mark downs didnt take effect until Monday or Tuesday so if you bought it before that it would have been full price.

haha yeah when i went in last night i showed the dude the list of vinyl on the AUGUST clearance, that hadnt been marked down and was all in its regular places, and the guy was like "yeah...i know.....were lazy..."

LAME

I don't know anything for sure, but at least one time I know that they have sent stuff over to Ridgedale Mall (I remember seeing two copies of Nine Inch Nails' "Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D" that the packaging was absolutely torn to shreds. Two weeks later, I found them both in the clearance section at Ridgedale during the 1/2 off clearance sale). Maybe they're managed by the same people and they have more space for clearance? I don't know, but I hope to make it out there later today to check it out...

Edit: They certainly had more than moa, but not a ton. I got Radiohead's "Ok Computer", which was unmarked, but they do actually have a clearance section.

went today

Gallows- Grey Britain

Bayside- Shudder

Lawrence Arms- Greatest Story

and the Marilyn Manson shirt and LP, fuckin lame its in that huge box

they had a ton of this stuff there man, they had a buncha blink 182 albums too, my buddy is the store manager and said no one ever buys any

Picked up some stuff yesterday

Silversun Pickups - Swoon for $11 on black 180 gram 2xLP

D4 - This Shit Is Genius for $4 on white

Austin Lucas - Somebody Loves You for $5 or $6 on black/red split

oh my godddd i want swoon so bad. go back and buy another and ship it with STD, and ill throw you another $11? ;D;D;D;D