pics of your artwork

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i found a really nice piece of wood next to the dumpster last night walking into my building. it was like 1' x 4', so i snagged it and decided to paint something. this is what i came up with (mind you i did this in like the span of 4 hours):

[image]

i put it over my closet (for now)

[image]

DAN! Nice. I've been wanting to paint a panel to put above a doorway or closet similar to what you did. However because my roommate and I are nerds it's going to look like the police box sign from Doctor Who.

I felt compelled to say that because that's what your project reminded me of. I can't wait to have all this spare time after I graduate to do art for myself and I will have a lot more to contribute to this thread.

I want to post something though. Most recent thing I've done, I posted in the picture thread but this is a spoof of the Jawbreaker shirt. A self portrait I sketched while bored on my lunch break in ballpoint pen colored in Photoshop:

[image]

Since that I've had a few people ask me if I'd similar projects for them; the impose them into a popular album cover/band imagery. My next one is going to be for my friend. I'm drawing her in her army gear as the nurse from Enema of the State (Blink-182 is one of her favorite bands). It's double cool because she is a medic.

If these take off I'll keep doing them for people.

and I don't mean to sound like a pretentious douche but I haven't ever heard anyone talk about Heavens so it was pretty exciting to see that! Maybe I'm living under a rock, haha.

Haha no douche. We did those when the vinyl first came out because people were bummed the album came in a DJ sleeve. It's been awhile. :)

jake: thanks a bunch.

nicole: thank you, too. one of the reasons i love threads like this is so i can be inspired by something somebody else has created, and either take my own spin on it, or have it lead to something completely different, but with the original in mind. for example, i've done a couple ohiopride style paintings on records after seeing his work.

7"

[image]

12"

[image]

i actually just started another painting last night, as well. it's abraham lincoln-related. i hope it turns out the way i have it in my head. if it does, when i finish it i'll post pics of that too.

why, yes allison (and matt), i do cut my own stencils. thank you for noticing.

my abraham lincoln painting (for which i also cut a stencil) is underway and, dare i say, is looking hilarious so far. hopefully i'll finish it within the next couple days. it's something that i think only i will find funny, but i find it HILARIOUS and just thinking about it during the day literally makes me crack up so bad that people at work stare. i love it.