Official Record Stores List (help us list them)

New record store in Frisco, Texas!

ZT Records

8980 Preston Road, Frisco, Texas 75034(972) 821-9982

https://www.facebook.com/ztrecords

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cbd/3887702782.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dead Wax Records in Carrollton, Texas.

https://www.facebook.com/deadwaxdallas

How did I not know about ZT?!  Thanks, dude.

Here's an online vinyl store to add to the list.
Music Record Shop (http://www.musicrecordshop.com/) is an online vinyl store specializing in reissue imports, rare or out-of-print music, top vinyl imports, limited edition box sets and compilations, from big labels in the industry to smaller indie labels. The shop offers free shipping for all ground-shipped packages within the continental U.S. You receive five bucks off if you sign the MRS newsletter.

Here's an online vinyl store to add to the list.

Music Record Shop (http://www.musicrecordshop.com/) is an online vinyl store specializing in reissue imports, rare or out-of-print music, top vinyl imports, limited edition box sets and compilations, from big labels in the industry to smaller indie labels. The shop offers free shipping for all ground-shipped packages within the continental U.S. You receive five bucks off if you sign the MRS newsletter.

Sounds like a cool place

I noticed someone already posted about a few in Nashville, but here's a little update:

Grimey's and Grimey's Too

1604 8th Ave S  Nashville, TN 37203

(615) 254-4801
they recently split into two stores that are right next to each other -- Grimey's carries new records, CDs, and tapes, while Grimey's Too has used records, CDs, books, and a little coffee shop.

The Groove

1103 Calvin Ave  Nashville, TN 37206

(615) 227-5760

smaller than Grimey's, but a really good selection - new and used. it's also in East Nashville, which is a hip area  - there's a lot of other places around you can walk to.

Phonoluxe Records

2609 Nolensville Pike  Nashville, TN 37211

(615) 259-3500

All used, only open Fri-Sun. Primarily a "collector's record store" - so some records are outrageously priced, but they have an amazing bargain bin (it runs on the bottom shelf of almost half the store) and a relatively good selection of newer stuff at a discount. Also have CDs & DVDs.

Also, if you're even half-heartedly interested in country music, I highly recommend Ernest Tubb Record Shop (there's one on lower Broadway, and one outside the Opry complex). They have a very limited amount of LPs, but their CD selection is incredible...lot of rare re-issues and imports at good prices.

Soundsations

8701 La Tijera Boulevard

Los Angeles, CA 90045

http://www.yelp.com/biz/soundsations-los-angeles

this has become my go-to since moving to West LA. if you find yourself near LAX with time to kill, it's worth checking out.

prices on new stuff are about the same as Amoeba, and they'll often have limited editions/variants after the bigger stores sell out. used stuff is sometimes priced high but there are finds to be made. (i've come across a couple old J Church and Mr. T Experience 7"s for cheap.) lots of $1 records if you feel like hunkering down and getting your fingers dusty. caveat: friendliness of clerks may vary.

Record Recycler

http://www.recordrecycler.com/

17312 Crenshaw Blvd.

Torrance, CA 90504

lately i've spent hours combing through this place, and i could spend hours more. all used stuff, as the name suggests, so you're gonna have to dig for the gems, but they're there. lots of used SoCal punk, power pop, garage, surf, plus cut-outs and promo relics.

what makes the store worthwhile is that the owner (and sole employee) has been in the game a long time and actually seems to know what he's doing. he pays fair prices (1/3 of what he sells for), doesn't buy a lot of garbage, and most LPs are around $6. case in point: last week, he had a Trail of Dead "Source Tags" LP, which i'd seen on Discogs/eBay for $40-50. the record looked nice but the cover was only about VG+, so he had it priced at $15. oh yeah, and the listening stations are great, with comfy headphones and all.

I noticed someone already posted about a few in Nashville, but here's a little update:

Grimey's and Grimey's Too

1604 8th Ave S  Nashville, TN 37203

(615) 254-4801

they recently split into two stores that are right next to each other -- Grimey's carries new records, CDs, and tapes, while Grimey's Too has used records, CDs, books, and a little coffee shop.

The Groove

1103 Calvin Ave  Nashville, TN 37206

(615) 227-5760

smaller than Grimey's, but a really good selection - new and used. it's also in East Nashville, which is a hip area  - there's a lot of other places around you can walk to.

Phonoluxe Records

2609 Nolensville Pike  Nashville, TN 37211

(615) 259-3500

All used, only open Fri-Sun. Primarily a "collector's record store" - so some records are outrageously priced, but they have an amazing bargain bin (it runs on the bottom shelf of almost half the store) and a relatively good selection of newer stuff at a discount. Also have CDs & DVDs.

Also, if you're even half-heartedly interested in country music, I highly recommend Ernest Tubb Record Shop (there's one on lower Broadway, and one outside the Opry complex). They have a very limited amount of LPs, but their CD selection is incredible...lot of rare re-issues and imports at good prices.

This is why I subscribe to this thread in the vinyl collective! I'm about to travel to Nashville and there was one shop here that I did not find searching google. Thank you for the post. I will be making record store videos for youtube after my visit.

Ernest Tubb is on my list but I may scratch it if time is tight.

Thanks again,

• 2 weeks later...

im from york (south central) pennsylvania.  here are a few shops that i go to around my area.

Toms Music Trade

Address: 57 N Main St, Red Lion, PA 17356
Phone:(717) 246-5712
Hours:

Tuesday hours 11:00 am–6:00 pm  

The York Emporium

Address: 343 W Market St, York, PA 17401
Phone:(717) 846-2866
Hours:

Closed on Tuesday.  Open usually ten am other days til around 9p.

Ikos Music Trade

Address: 2300 E Market St, York, PA 17402
Phone:(717) 755-2752

Atomic Warehouse
Address: 1021 Market St, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Phone:(717) 236-1900

Record Connection

Address: 550 N Reading Rd, Ephrata, PA 17522
Phone:(717) 733-1641
Hours:

Tuesday hours 10:00 am–8:00 pm

Mr Suit Records

Address: 118 W Chestnut St, Lancaster, PA 17603
Phone:(717) 341-5269
Hours:

Tuesday hours 12:00 pm–7:00 pm

Angry Young and Poor

Address: 356 W Orange St, Lancaster, PA 17603
Phone:(717) 397-6116

These are just a few places to go, with Toms in Red Lion and Mr suit being the two places to go for their amazing selections of indie and rare vinyl, and the emporium being wonderful for older more common records.  AYP is good for new punk and reissues, and Atomic is great for rare original punk and fantastic vintage furniture.  And if you are looking for new, reissue, rare, psych, garage, indie, and anything in between, Record Connection is worth the trip.

•  

•  

• 2 weeks later...

Now Hear This!.  It's small record store in Huntington, WV that I work at.  There's also Sullivan's Records in Charleston, WV, owned by a friend and former employee of Now Hear This!.  Also, there is a record store/head shop called Budget Tape and Records in Charleston.  In Beckley and Princeton, WV there is a store called Cheap Thrills Records, which is awesome.  

I live in Ocala, Fl so I have to travel to record stores heres what I've come across in my last couple of years.

Arrows Aim Records (Gainseville) my favorite Punk record store 

Groovy Records (Deland) 

On the same road as Groovy Records their is another record store and if you're in Deland Manzano's makes a great sandwhich

Atlantic Sounds (Daytona Beach) 

Park Ave CD's (Orlando area) 

Mojo records (St Pete)

I'd be interested in knowing any more record stores around the state of Florida. Particularly the South Florida area North of Miami- Ft. Lauderdale/coral springs/sunrise area even like Port St. Lucie or Vero Beach if their are any record stores in that area.

Also I downloaded a free app on my phone called "the vinyl district". It uses your location and lists the nearest record stores.

I went to Atlantic Sounds today in Daytona Beach. It's my first real record store i've been to. (We have none in Panama City, Florida.)

1237178_10153241766050302_1550176098_n.j

Ended up picking up a bunch of stuff. If we had a record store close to me i'm sure i'd be broke all the time.

995895_10153241766045302_373386363_n.jpg

I'm surprised you don't have a store in PCB.

I live in Ocala, Fl so I have to travel to record stores heres what I've come across in my last couple of years.

Arrows Aim Records (Gainseville) my favorite Punk record store 

Groovy Records (Deland) 

On the same road as Groovy Records their is another record store and if you're in Deland Manzano's makes a great sandwhich

Atlantic Sounds (Daytona Beach) 

Park Ave CD's (Orlando area) 

Mojo records (St Pete)

I'd be interested in knowing any more record stores around the state of Florida. Particularly the South Florida area North of Miami- Ft. Lauderdale/coral springs/sunrise area even like Port St. Lucie or Vero Beach if their are any record stores in that area.

Also I downloaded a free app on my phone called "the vinyl district". It uses your location and lists the nearest record stores.

not in South Florida at all but Seaside has a little shop called Central Square Records.   also, I enjoy the Vinyl District app, any new place i go i check to see if they have record stores i don't know about

not in South Florida at all but Seaside has a little shop called Central Square Records. also, I enjoy the Vinyl District app, any new place i go i check to see if they have record stores i don't know about

That's the closest one to me; I live in panama city beach. Its about 40 minutes away. I need to check it out asap. Have you been there?

In Bismarck, North Dakota we have Rhythm Records.

www.rhythmrecordscafe.com/‎

https://www.facebook.com/rhythmrecordscafe

They have a pretty decent selection of new stuff (and they'll seemingly order anything for you) and a big pile of used stuff.

I have had really bad luck in the past w/ record stores ordering stuff for me.  I guess I just have not found the right store yet.

That's the closest one to me; I live in panama city beach. Its about 40 minutes away. I need to check it out asap. Have you been there?

I have been there, pretty rad little store, decent selection.....pretty pricey, but it's in Seaside, so that's kind of to be expected, staff there was really nice and not too pretentious