Official Record Stores List (help us list them)

What are some good stores in Atlanta. I'll be stopping through on Tuesday.

CRIMINAL RECORDS and around the corner from CR is Wax N Facts pending if you're looking for newer contemporary release vs. used classic vinyl/tapes  both definitely worth checking out.  Check Criminal's facebook/instagram feed to see who's doing an Instore coming up or a signing....they've always got stuff going on at Criminal be it free doughnuts or something rad

• 2 weeks later...

Young Ones in Kutztown actually just moved to a bigger location in town, I've only checked it out once so far but it seems to be pretty nice. http://youngonesrecords.com/.%C2'>

We also apparently have a Vintage Turntable and Used Vinyl store popping up on Main Street. It's called Rattail Records, I believe they have their grand opening on Friday. I'm interested in seeing how it does business wise and what they bring in, but they don't seem to have a website yet. 

Searched the rules for a while now and didn't see a note that self-promotion is forbidden. If it is, though, I'm sorry - just delete this post.

We're a metal / rock label with mailorder that often sells limited vinyl editions exclusively via our online store. Right now we have some exclusives of the new Monster Magnet album (picture + gold), Vista Chino (ex-Kyuss Lives) - "Peace" on coloured vinyl (blue / orange / grey), re-releases from Summoning, Falkenbach and more.

http://shop.napalmrecords.com

We ship worldwide.

Austin, Texas:

•Sound on Sound

•Sound Exchange

•Waterloo Records & Video

(Corporate type store, carries all genre's & all formats so it seems to come across as somewhere you wouldn't see yourself going BUT... They have it all! Great shop. Equal to Amoeba, SF)

Tons more I cant think of at the moment. Austin's a haven for record shops & music venues.

We also apparently have a Vintage Turntable and Used Vinyl store popping up on Main Street. It's called Rattail Records, I believe they have their grand opening on Friday. I'm interested in seeing how it does business wise and what they bring in, but they don't seem to have a website yet. 

I just visited today, I was a little bummed to find it wasn't anything special. The records were in terrible shape as well as the turntables they were selling. Everything was pretty dusty as well and the people weren't friendly. I definitely hoped for much more! Maybe they'll shape up in the next few months or they'll definitely go out of business. 

I just visited today, I was a little bummed to find it wasn't anything special. The records were in terrible shape as well as the turntables they were selling. Everything was pretty dusty as well and the people weren't friendly. I definitely hoped for much more! Maybe they'll shape up in the next few months or they'll definitely go out of business. 

Definitely sounds like a recipe for failure

• 2 weeks later...

Electric Avenue in West Chester, PA

323 E Gay St
Ste B-2C

West Chester, PA 19380

Next to America's Pie and Rita's Water Ice. Used vinyl is clean and they have a nice new selection. Always receives Tuesday releases. Owned and operated by a (young) couple, it's literally a mom and pop record shop.

As a bonus, they post their interesting new (used) arrivals to Facebook, so you don't even need to stop in every week to stay current. It also helps that they're literally a 30-second walk from my place.

• 2 weeks later...

We have had two new shops open up in Omaha over the last several months.  I haven't been able to visit them thus far.

Names/websites for them? I went to Omaha for the first time a little while back and was blown away by Homer's. I've got a buddy living up there now who I need to visit soon. I'd love to hit up that place up again as well as scope out these new shops.

Names/websites for them? I went to Omaha for the first time a little while back and was blown away by Homer's. I've got a buddy living up there now who I need to visit soon. I'd love to hit up that place up again as well as scope out these new shops.

Honestly Homer's is my least favorite. I hate parking at the old market and the employees are not very friendly.  Try Make Believe Music and Almost Music.  They are both of Facebook, you can get the addresses there.  Also, you should hit up Record Benders in Bellevue, its amazing.  His collection of singles is outstanding. If you need addresses hit me up.

I had a decent enough experience and stayed away from the tacky crap they had on the west side of the shop. We had a hotel nearby so I was able to walk there but I can see parking being a pain. Also that Drastic Plastic place down the street was pretty lame IMO.

Awesome! I'll add their pages ASAP. Found the location for Record Benders. I can't wait to get a chance to head up there again. Thanks!

Pretty sure this is the only record store in the vastly underwhelming metropolis that is Topeka, Kansas:

Time Machine Records & More

1501 SW 21st St # 108

Topeka, KS 66604

(785) 286-7718

https://www.facebook.com/TimeMachineRecords

Located in the Washburn View Shopping Center right off the southeast corner of the Washburn University campus.

Not a bad place at all for LP's (all genres) spanning from the 60's-80's, Location is pretty small but the prices are fair and the selection is good with rarer stuff that comes in here and there. Plus the store always has neat vintage memorabilia, turntables, amps, speakers and other audio equipment on display or for sale. (they had a gorgeous Dual 1019 there that I wanted forever)

The dudes who the run the store are pretty nice and love chatting about anything to do with vinyl. Swing by if you ever find yourself in the area!

I had a decent enough experience and stayed away from the tacky crap they had on the west side of the shop. We had a hotel nearby so I was able to walk there but I can see parking being a pain. Also that Drastic Plastic place down the street was pretty lame IMO.

Awesome! I'll add their pages ASAP. Found the location for Record Benders. I can't wait to get a chance to head up there again. Thanks!

Yea Drastic Plastic is more of a t-shirt shop than anything, but at least the clerks are nice.  Randy at Record Benders is great.  I love his shop.