Official Record Stores List (help us list them)

Did'nt see this one but , our local store here in this small(ish) city :

Blueprint Records

Lethbridge, AB

The only record store here in town. You can find vinyl at places like London Drugs and HMV, but just new stuff.

Yep, I stop at Blueprint every time I'm in Lethbridge or passing through. Good prices and super friendly staff.

I know Waterloo Records in Austin has been mentioned a few times but if anyone is ever in the area I would also highly recommend

End of an Ear

2209 S First Street

Austin, TX 78704

(512) 462-6008

It's probably half the size of Waterloo but they still have a really good selection and to me it just seems a bit more inviting than Waterloo. 

Oh, I just have to share my own local vinyl shop! They sell everything vinyl, CDs, movies and DVDs, collectibles, everything!

Its Dr Disc Records!

http://www.drdiscrecords.com/

They've been open since 1982, the year I was born, so I am amazingly happy to drop in there whenever I can. If you're ever in Southern Ontario, check them out!

• 1 month later...

Normally the go-to record stores in the Chicago area are the 3 Reckless Records locations, but I have this one to recommend:

Beverly Records

11612 S. Western Ave.

Chicago, IL 60643

http://www.beverlyrecords.com/

Very good selection.  Pretty heavily stocked.  It's located very far south of the city, pretty much as far south as you can go.

• 3 weeks later...

Just went here for the first time today,

4920 Freret St., it's called Sisters in Christ. They seem to specialize in underground-type stuff, but I saw some more popular artists like GY!BE, Sufjan Stevens, Deafheaven. They have a lot of metal, punk, noise, local (they even have a section dedicated to Waxwork releases -- if someone wants Starry Eyes they had it there for relatively cheap), and some post-rock.

The best part is the price, though. From what I could tell, all records were sealed, and the average price was between $10-$15, for LPs! Lift Your Skinny Fists was $16. Really cool workers there, they know a lot about the music they have.

They also do cassettes, I don't think I saw CDs there. There was also a section dedicated to 10"s, but it was pretty modest.

I used to defaultly go to the Mushroom, but I'll definitely be going here from now on.

:) Gali Taklitim - Record store in Jerusalem

Record shop with over 10000 records of every genre: English, Hebrew, French, Spanish and more. The records are renewed on a weekly basis. The prince ranges from 50 cents to $25+. 
The shop is located inside a an antique shop in downtown Jerusalem. Go inside the shop and ask for records.
Costumers are welcomed to listen to records of their choice.
Greetings!

Address: Dorot Rishonim 9, Jerusalem

Opening hours: Sun-Thu 10:00-19:00

Fridays 10:00-14:00

Cellphone: +972508347675

https://www.facebook.com/GaliTaklitim

http://trionfo.webs.com/records.htm

http://www.discogs.com/user/gali.taklitim

IMG_1812.JPG

Just went here for the first time today,

4920 Freret St., it's called Sisters in Christ. They seem to specialize in underground-type stuff, but I saw some more popular artists like GY!BE, Sufjan Stevens, Deafheaven. They have a lot of metal, punk, noise, local (they even have a section dedicated to Waxwork releases -- if someone wants Starry Eyes they had it there for relatively cheap), and some post-rock.

The best part is the price, though. From what I could tell, all records were sealed, and the average price was between $10-$15, for LPs! Lift Your Skinny Fists was $16. Really cool workers there, they know a lot about the music they have.

They also do cassettes, I don't think I saw CDs there. There was also a section dedicated to 10"s, but it was pretty modest.

I used to defaultly go to the Mushroom, but I'll definitely be going here from now on.

Found out they have a webstore. I assume they ship all around the US. Check out their awesome prices: http://sistersinchrist.space/

EDIT: They actually ship their records anywhere.

Tried doing a search for Planet Retro and didn't see it mentioned in this thread. Definitely one of the best shops I've ever been to if you're a fan of punk/hardcore/metal. They've got a nice big selection of rare used stuff and a decent new section as well. 

Planet Retro

2414 Central Ave

St Petersburg, FL 33712

(727) 218-7434

• 2 weeks later...

I dont care what anybody in St. Louis has to say, every record store in that state is shit! One store colors all the records edges with black marker. One record store is run by complete assholes who knows nothing (I shat on their door step on last years Valentines day). One store Charges outrageous prices and stickes you with mov releases. The last stores inventory is in such bad shape they charge as if the record is mint not rubbish. To back me up I'm 42 and my wife worked as manager at 3 St. Louis stores. It's all mailorder in this state. However my collection came from living in the suburbs of Illinois near Chi town. Mid West Hardcore was the best in the 80's! Cap n' Jazz live was never missed! 

I dont care what anybody in St. Louis has to say, every record store in that state is shit! One store colors all the records edges with black marker. One record store is run by complete assholes who knows nothing (I shat on their door step on last years Valentines day). One store Charges outrageous prices and stickes you with mov releases. The last stores inventory is in such bad shape they charge as if the record is mint not rubbish. To back me up I'm 42 and my wife worked as manager at 3 St. Louis stores. It's all mailorder in this state. However my collection came from living in the suburbs of Illinois near Chi town. Mid West Hardcore was the best in the 80's! Cap n' Jazz live was never missed!

If you are 42 and shitting on anyone's doorstep, your biggest problem isn't records.

• 4 weeks later...

I live in El Paso, Texas and their is a great place to buy records

Mother of Pearl Vinyl

4935 N Mesa St, El Paso, TX 79912

Monday-Friday: 11:00 am-9:00 pm

Sun: 12:00 pm-8:00 pm

This place is a great record store. They sell a lot of new records but have a great selection of used classics. They have a great variety of bands and you can find new stuff to widen your musical taste. It is a small 2 story building made out of old train cars staggered on top of each other, so cool. It is surrounded by great little shops that sell clothes, coffee and other stuff. Inside they have many shelves for their records that they keep in alphabetical order. On the second floor they have a couch and a record player to listen to your brand new records. They also have a mini fridge filled with free beer! (of course you have to show I.D.) The staff is always very helpful and ask if they can help you find a particular record, they will even go out of their way to find it online and order it for you. They participate in Record Store Day and keep people informed of what they had in stock and what stuff they had ran out of, this year they had a sleep over party at their store so people can reserve their spot in line and get that record they had their eye on. They had food and record players so people can have something to do. In September they hosted their own block party! They are a great store that i can see will last a very long time and will see me buying records from their every chance i get. 

As far as Arkansas goes, we are extremely lacking in record stores, so I'm pretty sure theres only one in the state. I've only been there a couple times because its about two hours from my house, they have a pretty decent selection of both new and used records imo.

Arkansas CD-Record Exchange

4212 MacArthur Dr, North Little Rock, AR 72118

Jack's Music Shoppe - Red Bank, NJ - Been going here for several years for vinyl and CDs.

Sound Exchange - Wayne, NJ - Holds a record for most music in a space that size.

Vintage Vinyl - Fords, NJ - One of the holy grails for vinyl in the state.

Went to these two when I was on vacation in Upstate, NY this past summer and they left a good impression on me.

Rocket #9 - Kingston, NY - Absolutely love this place. Well-kept, organized, and sells some obscure stuff.

Rhino Records - Kingston, NY - An indie-type shop that sells lots of vinyl, CDs, books, and some cassettes.

• 1 month later...

Jack's Music Shoppe - Red Bank, NJ - Been going here for several years for vinyl and CDs.

Sound Exchange - Wayne, NJ - Holds a record for most music in a space that size.

Vintage Vinyl - Fords, NJ - One of the holy grails for vinyl in the state.

Went to these two when I was on vacation in Upstate, NY this past summer and they left a good impression on me.

Rocket #9 - Kingston, NY - Absolutely love this place. Well-kept, organized, and sells some obscure stuff.

Rhino Records - Kingston, NY - An indie-type shop that sells lots of vinyl, CDs, books, and some cassettes.

I wouldn't give Vintage Vinyl any kudos.  It's just a name.  The employees there are idiots and rude.  Their used section is a mess.  Their store is stinky, the prices aren't competitive and their selection is meh.  Also the music they play is atrocious.  

Princeton Record Exchange is a good one in Princeton, NJ.  Though i'm curious about Jack's Music Shoppe.

• 4 weeks later...

Surprised to see no one has mentioned the Cambridge, MA location for Armageddon. I actually prefer it to the Providence store.

Anyway, here are some places I've found myself in that I didn't see already mentioned in the thread:

Albany, NY

Last Vestige

173 Quail Street
(518) 432-7736

Cambridge, MA
Armageddon Shop

12 Eliot St #B
(617) 492-1235

Portland, ME
Strange Maine
578 Congress St.
(207) 771-9997