Official Record Stores List (help us list them)

Double Nickels Collective in Tempe, Arizona is the best shop in the Phoenix Metro area.

It was named on of the top 21 record stores in the country by Thrillist.com

What makes this shop so cool is the fact that it is a Co-op. There are over 15 sellers under one roof. the store is anchored by the guys behind Eastside Records, which was one of Arizona's best shops for decades. I love that I can dig what amounts to five shops under one roof. They also sell some vintages clothing and tons of record players and other audio gear.

45 W Southern AVE,

Tempe AZ 85282

11am-6pm monday-wednesday

11am-9pm Thursday-Saturday

Noon to 6pm sunday

Here are some links on the shop:

facebook page- this were they post all the new arrivals

Instagram account for one of the sellers

Vinyl Hub

Yelp

News article

Couple more in Michigan for anyone finding themselves in these areas:

East Lansing

Flat, Black, and Circular

541 E Grand River

Hidden away gem, but have a solid collection of both used/new records, the people running it were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, and not too bad of prices. Quite a few people have mentioned receiving a free 7" with purchase as well.

Niles

Rumor

216 E Main St.

Great selection of audio equipment, records/cds, and also a venue with shows hosted typically on Tuesdays. If you happen to find yourself in Niles, definitely worth the trip to visit.

I recently got a job at a record shop in downtown Leesburg, VA called "Dig! Records & Vintage"

Great store! Nothing but positive feedback from customers. Very small "brand new" section but lots and lots of rare jazz, psych, blues and rock! as well as vintage clothes and turntables

If you live anywhere near the area, definitely check us out

Address: A, 212 Loudoun St SE, Leesburg, VA 20175

• 3 weeks later...

In Florida right now and visited a few stores

We Got The Beats - Huge selection of singles. LP's are marked below retail - cheaper than bullmoose. 

Radio-Active Records - Great store. Had some rap bootlegs I've never seen before. But couldn't justify spending $30 on something that might sound bad. Especially if I have to wait til I get back to Massachusetts to listen to it. 

Definitely recommend these two if ever in the Ft. Lauderdale area. 

In Florida right now and visited a few stores

We Got The Beats - Huge selection of singles. LP's are marked below retail - cheaper than bullmoose. 

Radio-Active Records - Great store. Had some rap bootlegs I've never seen before. But couldn't justify spending $30 on something that might sound bad. Especially if I have to wait til I get back to Massachusetts to listen to it. 

Definitely recommend these two if ever in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Did they have any 10,000 days Bootlegs? I can't find one without buying online and they all want $40+

Unfortunately no they didn't. Only rap bootlegs (Tyler the Creator - Bastard, Asap Rocky - Live Love Asap, Frank Ocean - Channel Orange & Unreleased misc, Childish Gambino - STN MTN and Drake - If You're Reading This)  I'm almost positive I saw 10,000 days at the Deadwax record show that comes thru to Burlington. But I didn't see any Rock bootlegs because I was asking about System of a Down. 

Western Canada Area

Recordland is the biggest music store in Canada and my personal favourite on the west coast. 

Address: 1208 9 Ave SE, Calgary

Phone: (403) 262-3839

Other good ones are Sloth 

Address: 736 17 Ave SW, Calgary

Phone: (403) 265-6585

Hot Wax

Address:114 10 St NW, Calgary

Phone:(403) 283-0055

Blackbyrd Music

Address:10442 82 Ave NW, Edmonton

Phone:780) 439-1273

Freecloud Records 

Address: 10764 101 St NW, Edmonton

Phone:(780) 429-1476

Beat Street Records

Address: 439 W Hastings St, Vancouver

Phone:(604) 683-3344

Neptoon Records & CD's

Address:3561 Main St, Vancouver

Phone:(604) 324-1229

and Heritage

Address:1502 11 Ave SW, Calgary

Phone:(403) 802-1846

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't see it listed on page 2 or in the search, but St. Pete has a newish (couple years now) record shop on Central Ave a little further out from downtown.

Planet Retro Records

Has a pretty sweet used selection, lots of punk/indie/metal and a pretty good mixture of new records. Used stuff is pretty reasonable and new prices are comparable if not slightly cheaper than Daddy Kool. I still check out Daddy Kool every now and then but they're used selection is pretty small in comparison to Planet Retro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 4/20/2016 at 6:33 AM, vinyl addict said:

Someone should make a full list of all the shops mentioned in here. That's a lot of free time though

Here is a map someone created from the first page. Looks like it can be edited. I added some shops in Indiana. Join in!

On 2/3/2010 at 2:04 AM, borosel said:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My brother just opened a new and used record store in Augusta, Ga called Grantski Records. We just opened June 18th and our first two days were pretty rad. The info is below. 

Grantski Records

2126 Central Ave

Augusta, Ga 30904

closed Monday

Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Sun 11am-8pm

Fri and Sat 11am-9pm

Check us out on Facebook and Discogs.

• 1 month later...

I have an online store for the label I run.  We carry some random stuff from other labels on and off-shore, but we also have some out of print stuff as well as our own releases:

Mailorder Store:  blackhouseinc.storenvy.com

In this area (Spokane, WA), the two absolute BEST places with a decent selection are:

The Long Ear (CDA, ID)

4000 Holes (Spokane, WA)

2 hours ago, blackhouse records said:

I have an online store for the label I run.  We carry some random stuff from other labels on and off-shore, but we also have some out of print stuff as well as our own releases:

Mailorder Store:  blackhouseinc.storenvy.com

In this area (Spokane, WA), the two absolute BEST places with a decent selection are:

The Long Ear (CDA, ID)

4000 Holes (Spokane, WA)

I go on this thread for the first time after scrolling past it for months to look for the long ear and it's on the first page i look at lmao 

Edited by kokiri

• 1 month later...

Gonna be in NYC for the Wonder Years shows at Webster Hall near the end of October. any suggestions for record shops? i know a few shops have closed down the last few years (Other Music, etc). into mostly indie rock/punk. will be checking out Rough Trade. anything else?

Edited by glass realms

• 2 months later...

http://revillagroovesandgear.com

Revilla Grooves and Gear

38 N Main St, Milltown, NJ 08850

Darren is a solid guy and the prices are right on. He definitely gets some oddball punk and hardcore every so often, tons of reggae, jazz, and classic rock. A good mix of everything I want in a record store.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I was just at this place in Vernon, CT this weekend called "records - the good kind" - sort of a corny name for a shop, but it had a surprisingly good selection, and reasonable prices.

http://recordsthegoodkind.com/
435 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon CT

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2010 at 1:31 AM, rtw88 said:

We've had a few threads like this but they never get stickied. SOMEONE PLZ STICKY THIS ONE!!!

As far as Orlando goes, all of the stores I go to have been ridiculously overpriced. Ebay prices or higher, which for me is pointless. Why go out and use gas and toll money to pick up a record for the same price as I can order it for from my home.

If you come through Gainesville, definitely check out Hyde and Zekes and Wayward Council. Hyde and Zekes as a decent used punk/indie/hardcore section, and I've gotten tons of good scores there. Wayward Council is not for profit and volunteer run, so you're pretty much guaranteed not to get ripped off. Not a lot of used stuff, but every once in awhile they'll get in crazy used stuff, usually No Idea, and put a decent price on it.

Hyde and Zeke's

402 Northwest 10th Avenue

Gainesville, FL 32601-4233

(352) 376-1687

Wayward

807 W University Ave., Gainesville, FL 32601

I should also mention that finding wayward council open is hit or miss. It's usually a safe bet to go around 1-2, but no guarantees.

Park Ave. CDs in Orlando is priced very well. I've gotten some great deals. I live in Daytona Beach and I take the drive to Orlando for the better selection and prices. My favorite record store, hands down.

Also, I don't know if anyone has ever mentioned this in this thread, but there's an iPhone app called "The Vinyl District" that I use when I travel. It uses your location to tell you all record stores in the area. You can write and read reviews of record stores. Some stores even have hours of operation posted on there. If a store isn't listed on there, you can send the name and address to the developer, and they'll usually update it by the next day. It's super helpful!