cassiep

Official Record Stores List (help us list them)

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2019 at 1:38 PM, KaitouG said:

For SF, I recommend 1-2-3-4-Go! and Thrillhouse Records, both in the Mission District. 

Seconded. I usually end up going to to 1-2-3-4-Go in Oakland just because it's more convenient location wise for me. 

Also in Oakland, Park Boulevard Records and Tapes. It's a really small shop, only open Thursday to Sunday and they specialize in Hip Hop and R&B. Dope little shop. Not really what I'm in to but it's walking distance from me when I'm in Oakland so I'll occasionally check it out anyway. EDIT: Well shit. Went to go add their website only to find out they closed this past week. =/

Didn't see it when I searched, but Purchase Street Records in New Bedford, MA was awesome. Discovered it while on tour earlier this year. Ton of used punk, metal and indie stuff. Seems to lean more towards rarer items. Picked up a copy of Less Than Jake's In With the Out Crowd on vinyl from these guys. Would definitely go back here if ever in the area.

Edited by thenameisluigi

Don't know if it was ever listed on here, but Avalon Records in Bellinhgam, WA burned down yesterday.  Apparently one of the members of Death Cab for Cutie worked there back in the 90's but I'm not sure who.  As a customer there for over 20 years I'm having a real tough time dealing with it being gone.

not sure if mentioned in here, too much to read. but, any state or city that has a half price books - worth to go to. i've gotten a few grails there for pretty decent prices sometimes even below discogs value. they're all over midwest, maybe more i believe.

also for tampa, i definitely back mojo. picked up way too much there and it helps that they have a pretty nice coffee shop in house. 

kingfish records in clearwater florida is pretty nice, mostly used classic music but they have pretty nice prices.

daddy kool in st. pete is a lot better now that they moved to their new location, i always find so much there & you can pick up tickets for certain shows without fees.

i'm new to tampa/palm harbor/clearwater area so i don't know too many record stores, definitely wish i knew of more of them.

Edited by fourlokoemo