Big Asian Man Records News

david

From the Asian Man newsletter:

We're going to be re-releasing the following records on vinyl:: Bomb the Music Industry! – To Leave or Die in Long Island 12″, Bomb the Music Industry! – Goodbye Cool World 12″, Bomb the Music Industry! – Album Minus Band 12″. We're also doing a split 7" for the HARD GIRLS and KUDROW. Dang, we have so much stuff coming out . Hope you guys and gals are keeping track. Here's a list:

FOR THE WIN -S/T (April 13th)

LAURA STEVENSON AND THE CANS -"A Record"(April 13th)

THE HOT TODDIES -"Get Your Heart On"(May 11th)

THE WILD -"Set Ourselves Free"(May 11th)

KUDROW/HARD GIRLS-Split 7"(sometime in May/June)

ANDREW JACKSON JIHAD-"Candy Cigarettes, Capguns, Issue Problems! and Such"(probably June)

MATT SKIBA-"DEMOS"(sometime in July/August)

yesssss laura stevenson!

I too love Laura Stevenson. How did you feel about the album though? I thought the demos she had on myspace were considerably better than the A Record songs.

actually ive never heard the demos, but i still really enjoy the album. the Holy Ghost 7" is probably my favorite though, all those songs are flawless.

..wait, why are they releasing those BTMI! albums on vinyl. Hey Flood, is Asbestos no longer pressing those?

the reissues will be branded asian man/asbestos.

Basically because of how big BTMI! is getting we can't keep up the need to repress them and be waiting on getting paid from distribution.. we're a small operation and can only take care of label stuff part time and we'd like to be able to focus on new releases as opposed to keeping back catalog in print...(and we have some amazing things planned) don't worry we still love the hell out of Mr. Rosenstock, and he's been one of our best friends and biggest supporters for nearly a decade and will still be distro-ing the reissues, as well as some new BTMI! releases in the future.

..wait, why are they releasing those BTMI! albums on vinyl. Hey Flood, is Asbestos no longer pressing those?

Basically because of how big BTMI! is getting we can't keep up the need to repress them and be waiting on getting paid from distribution.. we're a small operation and can only take care of label stuff part time and we'd like to be able to focus on new releases as opposed to keeping back catalog in print...(and we have some amazing things planned) don't worry we still love the hell out of Mr. Rosenstock, and he's been one of our best friends and biggest supporters for nearly a decade and will still be distro-ing the reissues, as well as some new BTMI! releases in the future.

AKA Flood and Jeff fucked after years of sexual tension, then realized they couldn't go back to the way things were.

Guest itsajakie

I hate when labels press dumb shit. When is the last time someone went "GOSH DARN IT, I REALLY WISH I HAD SOME HOT TODDIES ON VINYLZ!!!!"

pumped for skiba though. thats actually legit.

AKA Flood and Jeff fucked after years of sexual tension, then realized they couldn't go back to the way things were.

hey tubby less smart comments more reviewing my ajj record! ;)