Band of Brothers sorta-sequel

casey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched it last night, it started off fast. not sure what I think of it yet, I liked it, but they just sorta threw them right into war. BoB had a lot more character development with bootcamp and such that this one just bypassed. it'll still be a good series because really, who knows that much about the pacific chapter?

yeah it was kind of a quick jump into it - so far i'm digging it. i definitely felt a giant letdown as soon as the episode ended like i just wanted it to keep rolling for another 2 hours. i'd buy the whole season on dvd right now if i could. i'm feeling confident that it'll be a good series. Thin Red Line is about Guadalcanal, but I guess that's relatively fiction.

That's right, I knew it was something like that but I couldn't put my finger on it. The actor (William Sadler) is from Buffalo and I guess felt all kinds of pressure to really perform well because he'd have the entire Marine Corps yelling at him if he screwed it up. There was an article in the paper about it before the series premiered.