Favorite color/design?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love all the inside-out vinyl thats been coming out more and more lately. my favorite is the pressing of botch's 'we are the romans' that came on pink-clear/pink-white inside-out. oh man. killing the dream's 'in place apart' on pink-black inside-out is a close second.

im also a really big fan of clear blood red with smoke thats barely noticeable. you have to hold it up to light to see it well.

clear solid colors generally bore me to death. almost rather have black.

im also a really big fan of clear blood red with smoke thats barely noticeable. you have to hold it up to light to see it well.

Yeah, I have a few records like that. They always look ace.

I thought the Hold Steady Boys & Girls LP's on pink & blue looked awesome and also fit the theme/art of the record.

Guest conoley

I was so bummed when I ordered that record and the one they sent me was black. No Idea said I could return it for a trade, but laziness kicked in. What a record, though.

Can somebody explain what 'inside out' is? Or post a picture? I can't visualize it.

I have been a little less eager for clear vinyl when I was told (and I think it was Virgil who told me this) that clear vinyl doesn't sound as good and will wear out faster. Actually, the part about wearing out faster I think came from someone else.

The new Pig Destroyer is on clear light blue and that's pretty nice though.

I don't know, I'm just really into any record that looks different from my others.

I'm a big fan of a nice clear royal blue (the blue version of Rancid - Sick Sick World). I'm getting tired of the half/half splits and splatter doesn't do much for me anymore unless it's a bunch of colors blended in. That said, the new Kill Your Idols box has beautiful vinyl. They took the half/half and did half solid/half splatter on two of them and that looks amazing. Actually, I was stunned by the packaging and the overall beauty of that set:

http://www.getouttatownrecords.com/releases.html#GOT009

i THINK deathwish uses pirate press. i'm not sure, i know they've used them for some stuff, not sure about the you fail me release.

but i know pirate can do some seriously cool stuff.

im fairly certain 'you fail me' wasnt pressed with pirate press, as my copy doesnt have the usual matrix etching you find with pirate.

however, i agree that pirate press is amazing. i have never come across a pressing theyve done that i didnt love. i think it has a lot to do with the fact that every release i have of theirs seems to be of heavy grade quality vinyl. if i had it my way all of my vinyl would be pirate presses.

Can somebody explain what 'inside out' is? Or post a picture? I can't visualize it.

here are two examples of what i call inside-out. some people may call it swirl, but i think its fairly distinct.

[image]

[image]

technically this is what that is (A-side one color / B-Side another color) and you get the bleed through on each side, as would be expected when using a somewhat liquid medium.

Guest Admin

we use recordpressing.com who use the same plant as pirates press in the czech republic. I agree that they have great vinyl on a heavier stock (usually 140 to 160 gram vinyl) and they can do some really great color/swirls.