Favorite color/design?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, and I find that No Idea's recent presses have had way too much grey!

You know, that Planes Mistaken For Stars - Mercy splatter was really cool because the vinyl used the same flecks of color as the cover art. I thought that was pretty sweet.

Of course, a few months later I saw Against Me! and bought "Reinventing Axl Rose". I was not impressed by it being the exact same vinyl.

and Some Girl's All My Friend Are Going Dead that onlt paly on one side because the other side have engrave lyrics is so rad !

That is a pretty cool record.

I can't stand the Locust, but the "body fluid" shaped records they put a few years back were pretty neat looking. They also put out a few 5" square records, which is pretty cool as well.

• 7 months later...
i love all the inside-out vinyl thats been coming out more and more lately. my favorite is the pressing of botch's 'we are the romans' that came on pink-clear/pink-white inside-out. oh man. killing the dream's 'in place apart' on pink-black inside-out is a close second.

im also a really big fan of clear blood red with smoke thats barely noticeable. you have to hold it up to light to see it well.

clear solid colors generally bore me to death. almost rather have black.

What exactly does inside-out look like?

Guest genericinsight

Marble/swirl pattern has always been a favorite. though half & half color and splatters are cool as well as silk screen designs.

I also love clear vinyl with swirls and splatters.

I am trying to see if my plant can do this:

[image]

How beautiful is that?

i THINK deathwish uses pirate press. i'm not sure, i know they've used them for some stuff, not sure about the you fail me release.

but i know pirate can do some seriously cool stuff.

We've used just about every manufacturer out there for vinyl. Pirates as a broker have been great to work with, and offer some interesting options when it comes to vinyl colorways, etc.

The "You Fail Me" album was pressed @ Erika.

Thanks.

-J.