*Fragile* Labels for shipping

So, instead of doing work this afternoon, I decided to make these:

[image]

I'm getting kind of sick of telling the USPS that a package is fragile and it still getting beat to hell, or my mailman leaving my package on the front steps in the bright sun. soo, I've printed out a bunch of these and will be putting them on every vinyl package I ship out. If you want some, you can download a PDF here:

Download PDF

Honestly I wouldn't use these. I work in a shipping department and I talk to the UPS guys all the time and having a Fragile sticker on a package is pretty much a signal for UPS to throw it around even harder. I know people that work for FedEx and USPS and I hear the exact same thing. It's a great looking sticker though.

Yeah, I really like the labels, but I worked at FedEx in college and you pack and unpack so many packages that nobody takes the time to read the stickers (You are just trying to get them on the right truck). However, I think that maybe the mailcarrier would look at them and not leave your records out in the sun.

I've luckily only received one broken record ever, and it was a doozie ( actually happened twicewith the same release, same color) . Sheer Terror Just Can't Hate Enough starving missle red press.. I already knew it was pressed on thin euro vinyl from the late 80's , so I was nervous to begin with.

usually the person at the counter will pretend to give a shit about your package, but after that stuff is tossed around like crazy. I've always insured if I thought it would be a hassle. I just used a sharpie and write fagile on the back. the labels look real nice, and hopefully will give a heads up to the mailman to think twice about just tossing records on the porch. I'm cool with my mailman now so he'll stash packages on my porch so their safe.

I won my copy of Botch - "An Anthology Of Dead Ends" on ebay about two years ago, and the fucking retard mail person who delivered to my apartment complex decided it would be a good idea to FOLD IT IN HALF to make it fit in the mailbox, instead of taking the extra 2 minutes to walk up and place it on my doorstep. You have no idea how furious I was when I finally managed to pull it out and realized what it was. I was able to weight the actual record down underneath a glass tabletop (wrapped in a blanket for padding) and straighten it out, but there's no fixing a creased jacket. That's my biggest horror story involving shitty mail people.

I won my copy of Botch - "An Anthology Of Dead Ends" on ebay about two years ago, and the fucking retard mail person who delivered to my apartment complex decided it would be a good idea to FOLD IT IN HALF to make it fit in the mailbox, instead of taking the extra 2 minutes to walk up and place it on my doorstep. You have no idea how furious I was when I finally managed to pull it out and realized what it was. I was able to weight the actual record down underneath a glass tabletop (wrapped in a blanket for padding) and straighten it out, but there's no fixing a creased jacket. That's my biggest horror story involving shitty mail people.

i think my stomach just turned inside out

Jesus, I would probably get an assault charge if I witnessed someone doing that to a record of mine.

id probably would have cried...