New Flatliners album out April 13!

THE FLATLINERS have completed work on their new album Cavalcade. It’s packed with 12 infectious songs and will be released on April 13th. Check back soon as we’ll be unveiling a brand new track in the next few weeks. Read what Chris, singer of THE FLATLINERS, had to say:

When we were on tour last March, we met Joey from Full House (aka Dave Coulier) in a bar in Cleveland. I drunkenly slipped him a copy of ‘The Great Awake’ and we began talking about music and Canada. He turned out to be a pretty cool dude, other than ironically wearing a Betty Ford Clinic shirt while drinking red wine. Anyways, after Uncle Joey left the bar that night, the jokes began that we would name our new record ‘Dave Coulier Has Our Last Record.’ Once we sobered up in the morning and realized that was an awful idea, we decided to name our new album ‘CAVALCADE’. And we are beyond stoked to announce that it will be coming out this April on FatWreck of course.

Since every record is vaguely conceptual even if you’re not going for the painful uber-concept-record thing like Coheed and Cambria, and since we basically live like homeless people while we’re on tour most of each year, ‘Cavalcade’ has taken on the overall theme of unity through disconnectedness. Happiness in uncertain times. Humanity is flawed but we can all still party, right? That’s what we wrote about, and that’s how we live. We love what we do an couldn’t be happier with the way it has all turned out.

This record has been quite the experience for us already and it hasn’t even been released yet. To record an album between tours can become a bit of a fucked up process, but its been really cool to take our time with this one and include a lot of friends in the making. The writing and recording of ‘Cavalcade’ saw different seasons, exciting new jams, and now that we’ve announced it, an overall sense of accomplishment and relief. We were lucky enough to be able to include our friends from some great bands such as Dillinger Four, Cancer Bats, A Wilhelm Scream, Permanent Bastards, The Snips, Junior Battles and The Expos/Cavaliers, and have them all contribute a little something each. Cheers to all our friends for singing/playing on the record, to Fat Mike for coming up to work on stuff with us, to Ted Janik for helping us with all the technical difficulties, to Steve Rizun for being a fucking machine, and to Alex Snelgrove and John Meloche for making our record look incredible. We can’t thank these people enough for stoking us out and fueling our happiness. Most of all though,cheers to everyone out there who is as excited about this record as we are. We can’t wait for you to sing along with us.

Pretty stoked, knew it was coming but can't wait to hear it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just gave the great awake a shot a few weeks ago, kickin myself for waiting so long!

If you get a chance (I think its on their MySpace) check out the song "Run Like Hell" from their split with The Snips, it really shows their versatility as a band and in my opinion is one of their best tracks.

And ya, that cover is gorgeous, I have been impressed with all of their album art though.

• 1 month later...

from fat wreck web site:

Details:

The twelve tracks on Cavalcade reflect the maturation THE FLATLINERS have undergone over the past three years with intelligently crafted songs that still brandish the band’s youthful passion and exuberance.

interesting...here's what they had to say about the cynics 7":

Details:

The three tracks on Cynics reflect the maturation The Flatliners have undergone over the past two years with intelligently crafted songs that still brandish the band’s youthful passion and exuberance.

wow thanks for that fat lol

Reminds me of what No Idea said about their two J Church albums.

SIACF

Lance and J CHURCH are back with their first full length album in five years ...and it’s a doozy!

All of the classic J CHURCH elements are here, complimented exquisitely by the revamped four-piece lineup.

The highlight is the stellar B-side, which is one 15-minute song, made up of several shorter ones.

It’s a manic ride, full of history, politics, and humanity. Welcome back!!

HOL

Lance and J CHURCH are back with their first full length album in three years ...and it’s a doozy!

All of the classic J CHURCH elements are here, complimented exquisitely by the revamped three-piece lineup.

SIXTEEN songs in 40 minutes...

It’s a manic ride, full of history, politics, and humanity. Yeah!!

from fat wreck web site:
Details:

The twelve tracks on Cavalcade reflect the maturation THE FLATLINERS have undergone over the past three years with intelligently crafted songs that still brandish the band’s youthful passion and exuberance.

interesting...here's what they had to say about the cynics 7":

Details:

The three tracks on Cynics reflect the maturation The Flatliners have undergone over the past two years with intelligently crafted songs that still brandish the band’s youthful passion and exuberance.

wow thanks for that fat lol

They must have been real lazy that day.