When will Modest Mouse LPs get repressed?

im amazed at how long these have stayed out of print and what a monumentally bad business decision that is...

its like hey, we've got these albums by one of the biggest bands in the world, got the plates just gotta repress... we could sell thousands of these damn near immediately... eh lets hold off a while

like what the fuck? somebody hates free money

Sub Pop is really weird about repressings. The prevailing attitude is they don't want to reduce the value of records they already pressed. But they did repress all the Murder City Devils stuff, so there's hope. As for why Up won't repress MM, that's a fucking mystery because it's not like the're raking it in over there.

im amazed at how long these have stayed out of print and what a monumentally bad business decision that is...

its like hey, we've got these albums by one of the biggest bands in the world, got the plates just gotta repress... we could sell thousands of these damn near immediately... eh lets hold off a while

like what the fuck? somebody hates free money

This. Considering how much the originals go for, they must really hate free money. Besides, represses usually make original copies sell for more money because people have to have the originals.

would really like to have a copy of The Moon and Antarctia (w/ the updated artwork) on vinyl.

one of my friends has it, but she keeps it unsleeved in a box packed with a bunch of other records. regardless, i'm jealous

so this actually exists? I thought the only pressing was with the old artwork.

I'd love to see This Is a Long Drive, and all of the other old albums get pressed

because I feel like those albums are soemthing everyone should get to listen to on vinyl.

I've got Lonesome Crowded West, Moon & Antarctica and Good News,

and I'm really wanting to find This Is a Long Drive somewhere.

Also, happy 6 years Good News.

You were the soundtrack to my summer that year, haha.