Explosions in the Sky - Friday Night Lights 2xLP

kirbs84

These are truly dark times when reissue news is being sourced through Yahoo.

but I am all over this.

Yahoo links to this: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150303006567/en/Universal-Music-Enterprises-Prepares-Five-Month-Rollout-Soundtrack#.VPfKllXF8Zj

But the language on this leads me to believe there was some other announcement somewhere.

Can anyone find anything more official?

AV Club doesn't listen any source, but I'm guessing it's true.  Weren't Pulp Fiction already announced?

http://www.avclub.com/article/soundtracks-clueless-o-brother-pulp-fiction-and-mo-216067

In the presser from BusinessWire, all the hyperlinked titled link directly to sales pages on Amazon already set up.

So, every linked title is already available, including that Pulp Fiction pic disc:

Universal Music Enterprises Prepares Five-Month Rollout of Soundtrack Album Reissues on Vinyl

Releases include rare import picture discs of Pulp FictionCluelessO Brother, Where Art Thou?

March 03, 2015 02:10 PM Eastern Standard Time

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Universal Music Enterprises has announced a rollout of 26 individual soundtrack albums on vinyl – including John Williams’ scores to E.T. and Jaws; Blaxploitation classics like Willie Hutch’s The Mack, J.J. Johnson’s Willie Dynamite, Marvin Gaye’s Trouble Man and the hip-hop-flavored Juice; Oscar® winners such as The GodfatherSilence of the LambsRocky and Good Will Hunting; and cult movies like Paul Thomas Anderson’s Boogie Knights, John Landis’ Animal House, Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice, Amy Heckerling’s Clueless and Spike Lee’s Do the Right Thing.

The rollout got underway on January 20, with the release of Willie Hutch’s classic, much-sampled soundtrack to the 1973 movie The Mack, starring Max Julien and Richard Pryor, which was originally released on Motown, as well as the Spike Lee joint Do the Right Thing, which featured the Public Enemy classic, “Fight the Power.”

On February 3, UMe reissued John Williams’ famed scores to Steven Spielberg’s E.T. and Jaws, along with Oscar® winners like Nino Rota’s The Godfather and Good Will Hunting — which was nominated for Academy Awards® for Danny Elfman’s original music score and for Best Original Song, “Miss Misery,” by the late Elliott Smith. Also on that same date: a rare import picture disc of Quentin Tarantino’s acclaimed Pulp Fiction. On tap for February 10: Marvin Gaye’s Trouble Man; two versions of Nellee Hooper’s BAFTA-award-winning score for Baz Luhrmann’s William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet, one in black vinyl and the other blue; and Willie Hutch’s The Mack.

March 10 sees the vinyl releases of the soundtracks to Jonathan Demme’s Oscar®-winning 1991 thriller Silence of the Lambs, composed by Howard Shore, plus Frank Oz’s 1987 film adaptation of the musical Little Shop of Horrors, featuring music by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman, earning a Best Original Song nomination for Four Tops lead singer Levi Stubbs as Audrey II’s bawdy “Mean Green Mother From Outer Space.” Also on tap for that date is an import picture disc of the Coen brothers’ 2002 GRAMMY®-winning Album of the Year, O Brother, Where Art Thou?,a multi-platinum hit that also included the Best Male Country Vocal Performance for Ralph Stanley’s “O, Death.” J.J. Johnson’s score to the 1974 blaxploitation film about a New York City pimp who strives to be the tops in the city, Willie Dynamite, comes out on vinyl March 24, while the following week, March 31 sees the release of the double-disc soundtrack to the movie version of Friday Night Lights.

April 14 sees the release of vinyl for Boogie Nights, Paul Thomas Anderson’s classic film about the Golden Age of the adult film industry in the ‘80s in the San Fernando Valley, along with the soundtracks to a pair of party-down cult faves: Car Wash and Animal House.

The soundtracks to Juice and Spike Lee’s retro-R&B School Daze make their vinyl appearances on May 5, followed by Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice(highlights include Harry Belafonte’s “Day-O” and Richard Wagner’s “Lohengrin”) and Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky, featuring composer Bill Conti’s Oscar®-nominated Best Original Song “Gonna Fly Now,” on May 12.

Contacts

Universal Music Enterprises

Keren Poznansky, 310-865-7797

[email protected]

hope its not a pic disc.

but fuck yes, one of my fav movies. one of my fav books. cant wait.

I'm thinking it's just normal discs as the presser seems to describe each pic disc as such. For example: 

- import picture disc of Quentin Tarantino’s acclaimed Pulp Fiction

- import picture disc of the Coen brothers’ 2002 GRAMMY®-winning Album of the Year, O Brother, Where Art Thou?,

- the following week, March 31 sees the release of the double-disc soundtrack to the movie version of Friday Night Lights.

It's up now. It says "Out of Stock" but the other day it had nothing so this is basically the pre-order. I think maybe because it's a rerelease they are doing it this way. Either way, I am in there!

http://www.amazon.com/Friday-Night-Lights-Various-Artists/dp/B000BB6LKQ/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's up now. It says "Out of Stock" but the other day it had nothing so this is basically the pre-order. I think maybe because it's a rerelease they are doing it this way. Either way, I am in there!

http://www.amazon.com/Friday-Night-Lights-Various-Artists/dp/B000BB6LKQ/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Good eye!

Ordered. We'll see what happens. I think you are spot on with what will go down tho.

I wonder how many of these are getting repressed and how close to the OG press it will be all around.

Super happy to finally snag this either way!

Is this just incorrectly labeled by Amazon? Isn't everyone searching for the "score" by EITS to the FNL film, not the soundtrack to the TV show?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...