Explosions in the Sky - Friday Night Lights 2xLP

kirbs84

I placed my order on the 17th, and did not get the "out of stock" e-mail.

I did, however, receive my shipping confirmation tonight.

Fingers are officially crossed.

Oh damn well if you have received a shipment confirmation then I guess you're good!

I initially only received an order confirmation, but definitely not a shipment conf...plus, the order has already been taken off my online bank statement.

Like I said earlier, to all who have received and are going to receive their copy: Congrats.

I'll just transfer my excitement towards my Bloc Party Silent Alarm Remixed that I won off ebay for cheeaappp haha

How cheap is cheap? Congrats on your win. I'm a pretty huge fan of Silent Alarm... but not so much a fan of shelling out $80-$100 for it. I've considered going for the more reasonably priced Remixes, though.

As far as the topic goes: yeah... when I read that the statements were disappearing from folk's online accounts, I raced over to mine and check. It hasn't disappeared yet. I'm grateful, sure, but it doesn't explain why people way before me still haven't gotten a confirmation? I don't know. I hope Hip-o delivers and everyone snags a copy successfully.

How cheap is cheap? Congrats on your win. I'm a pretty huge fan of Silent Alarm... but not so much a fan of shelling out $80-$100 for it. I've considered going for the more reasonably priced Remixes, though.

As far as the topic goes: yeah... when I read that the statements were disappearing from folk's online accounts, I raced over to mine and check. It hasn't disappeared yet. I'm grateful, sure, but it doesn't explain why people way before me still haven't gotten a confirmation? I don't know. I hope Hip-o delivers and everyone snags a copy successfully.

Cheap is $20.55!!! 3LPs too! I was drunk, it was 2:30 am (saturday) and I was bidding on a Don Cab record and decided to check the seller's other items, and less than 10 minutes was the BP record -- scooorree haha I'm so stoked! I cannot WAIT to hear the DFA 1979 version of Luno on vinyl!

And yes..back to the topic...it seems like they "pick and choose" to whom will receive the records, maybe by location? Let's just hope you get yours! (more than likely you will haha)

Just so you know... The payment disappearing from your account doesn't mean anything. I work at a bank. When you place your order, the store authorizes the amount on your card. If for some reason your card has a block or something it will obviously get declined. If everything is fine the store (website) will authorize your card for the amount of the order before it checks stock or anything. Your bank's system will then place a hold on your card for that amount that will automatically fall off when the store requests the funds (in this case, ships the item) or in 3 days (whichever happens first). Usually stores request the funds before it falls off your account, but in rare cases like this, you'll see the hold fall off the acct (looks like the money is back in your acct) and then it will post as soon as they request the funds. It can be kind of a headache.

Just so you know... The payment disappearing from your account doesn't mean anything. I work at a bank. When you place your order, the store authorizes the amount on your card. If for some reason your card has a block or something it will obviously get declined. If everything is fine the store (website) will authorize your card for the amount of the order before it checks stock or anything. Your bank's system will then place a hold on your card for that amount that will automatically fall off when the store requests the funds (in this case, ships the item) or in 3 days (whichever happens first). Usually stores request the funds before it falls off your account, but in rare cases like this, you'll see the hold fall off the acct (looks like the money is back in your acct) and then it will post as soon as they request the funds. It can be kind of a headache.

you god damn right!

oh well I've already blogged about it and written down my thoughts in my hannah montana diary, so i'm okay now

anyway I just got off the phone with my bank to find out everything you just posted haha

I however, am still fucked. Congrats to those who got one. I did however win a first edition TEINACDP gatefold yest. . yippie.

The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place right?? I didn't even know there was a "1st edition gatefold"

your name looks familiar...do you always sell a bunch of records on ebay?

the first press of The Earth Is Not... had a gatefold sleeve and the D side etching was better. however, the mastering of the first pressing is pretty crappy. the current pressing (remaster) does not have a gatefold sleeve and the etching isn't all that great. but the mastering is better on the current pressing.

$80 - $100? I picked it up in a used bin for like $6 a while back.

Time to consider selling it.

the first press of The Earth Is Not... had a gatefold sleeve and the D side etching was better. however, the mastering of the first pressing is pretty crappy. the current pressing (remaster) does not have a gatefold sleeve and the etching isn't all that great. but the mastering is better on the current pressing.

Yeah I have the "current" pressing. It definitely sounds great and the etching of the doves are pretty sweet. The etching on their latest album All of a Sudden, I Miss Everyone is absolutely amazing

I really hope for a repress of How Strange, Innocence -- I cannot drop $200+ on a record hand numbered /300 haha

I think I remember you mentioning that in some thread not too long ago...have you tried listening to it? horrible sounds? scratched? warped?

Regardless, that's a damn good find, sir haha

Thanks for the clarification. (No sarcasm intended). I was vaguely familiar with the disappearing statements and such, but not to the detail you described.

I've got a quick question though: my purchase for this record - of $23.77 - has been listed on my bank's account activity for the past... week or so. And now that I've officially gotten my shipping confirmation, it has disappeared. Entirely. Is there an explanation for that, or should I take it as an omen of terrible things to come?

I think I remember you mentioning that in some thread not too long ago...have you tried listening to it? horrible sounds? scratched? warped?

Regardless, that's a damn good find, sir haha

looking at it it looks perfect. i have only listened to one of the records though, so i don't know how the rest are, and there's some slight ringwear on the jacket. i wondered why it was that cheap for a 3xLP but i figured if something was wrong with it, it was only $6 anyway

Thanks for the clarification. (No sarcasm intended). I was vaguely familiar with the disappearing statements and such, but not to the detail you described.

I've got a quick question though: my purchase for this record - of $23.77 - has been listed on my bank's account activity for the past... week or so. And now that I've officially gotten my shipping confirmation, it has disappeared. Entirely. Is there an explanation for that, or should I take it as an omen of terrible things to come?

no, it wouldve fallen off either way eventually. once they actually ship it out theyll request funds with doesnt happen til early in morning. expect the money to be "re-charged" in the next early morning or two.

I need one. Did anyone get any extras? PM me if you did.

I ordered six, and planned on flipping five for no less than $60. I can probably part with one for $50, though. Since I'm a nice guy.

My one and only copy arrived today, too. It's easy to see why so many were warped -- Hip-o used perhaps the goofiest-ass packaging I've ever seen. This was the first record I've ever purchased where I could see the cover / contents through the mailer. (Notably through the tape, on a few spots.) I was expecting a completely mangled jacket upon opening it, but it's actually in pristine condition. Not even a smidgen of ring wear... whoo. I'm content. Glad to hear everyone[?] else got their copies, too.

Unfortunately, not everyone got one. I ordered the night this thread began. Then got this two days ago.

Dear Hip O Select Customer;

Unfortunately, due to overwhelming demand and the limited nature of this item, Friday Night Lights Vinyl, is no longer available for sale and has been canceled from your order.

Please be assured that your credit card has not been charged, as we only bill once an item has shipped.

Thank you again for your patronage. We would look forward to better serving you in the future.

Sincerely,

Online Customer Support

- Sucks