PO:Titus Andronicus-The Monitor

Not sure if anyone else likes them, but I dig them. I really want to hear Craig Finn as Walt Whitman.

"The Monitor is a concept album about the Civil War, “sort of”, says singer Patrick Stickles. He goes on to say that “It doesn’t take place in olden times, nor does it necessarily feature any characters that participated in that conflict. Really, it is a record about how the conflicts that led our nation into that great calamity remain unresolved, and the effect that this ongoing division has on our personal relationships and our behavior and how they’re all out to get us (or maybe not?) and yadda yadda yadda.”

The Monitor was recorded this past August (2009) by producer and engineer Kevin McMahon at his studio - Marcata Recording - in New Paltz, NY. The usual suspects from the world of Titus Andronicus were all in attendance, as well as members of Ponytail, Wye Oak, Vivian Girls, and the Hold Steady. McMahon also mixed the album, and it was mastered by Greg Calbi – whom the band chose because he is the only person alive who can claim involvement in both The Chemistry of Common Life by Fucked Up and Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell by Meat Loaf!"

http://www.beggarsgroupusa.com/releases/the-monitor/

Love the band, but I won't PO without any incentives. Will pick up local, hopefully.

Having said that, I can vouch for Beggarsgroup. Good prices, fast and reasonable shipping.

• 1 month later...