+/- about your day

- Monday and had to work all weekend so im tired

- we had to put the family dog down last week, which was terrible. buddy for 15 years is gone.

- car was super broken and cost about $1800 to get fixed and new tires and all that jazz

- have to run to the post office on my lunch break to mail out records i didnt have a chance to last week.

+ car runs like a champ and was told i should be set for another 100K miles... hopefully

+ just got 3 sets for free lightning tickets to upcoming games

+ am almost caught up at work so i can stop freaking out

+ got tickets to go see Jay mohr do stand up here in March. fucking stoked! that dude is a great story teller.

- Been trying to drag myself out of bed for 2 hours now.

- Sinuses still all fucked up.

+ It looks nice a hell outside.

+ It's supposed to be nice all week it seems.

+ Feel pretty good.

+ Walked up to Highland Square, browsed the record store, walked around a bit and smoked a few cigarettes to clear my head.

+/- Saw the cute girl was working at Chiptole, but didn't go in since I know I'm never going to ask her out when she is working.

Guest markovianprocess

+ Netflix just hit the UK, and it's going to save me like £10 a month over using Lovefilm. £5.99 a month is insanely good value.

+ Watched Demetri Martin's 'Person' special and it was great.

+ It's looking likely I'll still be here for the Glasgow Comedy Festival in March. Lots I'd like to see - Simon Munnery, Lee Camp, Greg Proops (playing in like a 100-seater club), Doug Stanhope, Josie Long, Robin Ince. More still to be announced.

+ a pair of clients I cooked for today ended up taking a lot of what I made and turned it into a meal for some visiting friends who they've assured us they'll try their hardest to convert - they seem to really enjoy what I'm cooking for them and have been pretty vocal about hooking us up with their friends (one is already extremely interested in food apparently).

+ increased possible cash flow is always good.

+ staying posi.

+ weekly weigh in = 2 more pounds dropped (attempting 10 a month as a healthy goal).

+ watching American Hardcore tonight while eating General Tso's baked tofu.

+++++++++++

Guest mellietronx

+dark chocolate

+I am fine with just drinking water instead of juice

+my black work pant still fit

-I have to pee but I don't want to move from my dest

+American Hardcore

-USPS messed up a record we sent to my friend..booooo

- didn't book a client on my first day doing new client orientations at this new job....booo, still no money, fuck working 100% commission jobs

+ 14 National Championships for Alabama as of tonight

+ Refused reunion announced

+ At The Drive-In reunion announced

+ Murder City Devils have a new 7" coming out

+ Promise Ring is touring again

+ Jealous Sound is touring again

+/- For good or bad, decided to call my doctor today to get a referral to a therapist about my depression. I'm sick of feeling this way, and am worried I'll do something bad if I keep it up.

+ Found a cute girl on a dating site, who listens to all the same music.

- Not sure what to say when I message her. I also don't have a picture up, so I doubt she'd respond.

+/- For good or bad, decided to call my doctor today to get a referral to a therapist about my depression. I'm sick of feeling this way, and am worried I'll do something bad if I keep it up.

- Not sure what to say when I message her. I also don't have a picture up, so I doubt she'd respond.

Dude, I'm usually against online dating websites, however within the last 6 months, five friends of mine have had success with it -- they're still in a relationship and I'm actually happy for them. And it's mainly through music.

So, Thomas, just put up that picture. Don't be a bully to yourself man. Depression sucks sooooo much dick, but you can find a pinch of confidence to throw into the recipe for a delicious Tom soup haha. This soup, one ingredient at a time, will help you help yourself feel better, man.

Put up that picture! AND IT BETTER NOT BE JOHN STAMOS

Dude, I'm usually against online dating websites, however within the last 6 months, five friends of mine have had success with it -- they're still in a relationship and I'm actually happy for them. And it's mainly through music.

Met my wife online, and my profile was painfully clear about my love of music. It's a huge part of our relationship. We exchange records with each other on every holiday we celebrate.

Dan Jones is right - You really have to throw a picture up there. My wife said she wouldn't even respond to anyone who wasn't willing to post a photo. She said it showed that you weren't really serious about finding someone.

So, Thomas, just put up that picture. Don't be a bully to yourself man. Depression sucks sooooo much dick, but you can find a pinch of confidence to throw into the recipe for a delicious Tom soup haha. This soup, one ingredient at a time, will help you help yourself feel better, man.

Put up that picture! AND IT BETTER NOT BE JOHN STAMOS

I feel kind of pathetic that I can't met someone "normally", that's my main problem with online dating. I also realized I'm pretty shallow, since 90% of the girls are overweight, and I just skip over them without even looking at their profile. And yeah, fuck this depression. I've been taking small steps which have been helping, new clothes, dyed my hair, etc, but there is something underlying I need to figure out I guess to get better.

skadaddy: Which site did you use? I'm trying okcupid now, and have a match.com account, but not sure if I want to pay for it.

skadaddy: Which site did you use? I'm trying okcupid now, and have a match.com account, but not sure if I want to pay for it.

This was a few years ago when Yahoo! had Yahoo! Personals. I'm pretty sure some other company bought them up since then. It was free and I was in the same boat as you sound like you are. I was drinking by myself one night and I was checking my e-mail. Saw the ad for the Personals section, set up a profile, and seriously forgot about it (i.e. blacked out) until I started receiving messages days later. So I decided to give it a try and a few weeks later I met my wife. Didn't cost me a thing.

I actually wouldn't tell people how we met when we first started dating, but then I realized that I didn't give two shits what people thought about it because, in the end, I was totally happy with how it all worked out. I had met the love of my life and my best friend online.

meeting people online is way better than meeting people at the bar, imo.

at least you can talk to them for as long as you want before you have to actually meet them.

i don't do a lot of 'soclal' activities (i.e. i don't drink or go out to bars like typical people my age) so the internet is the best way for me to meet people, usually. that's kinda how i met my current boyfriend. friend of a friend i messaged on facebook.

I think Match.com bought Yahoo! Personals, and now it's a pay site to communicate with people.

I go out a lot, but I have zero confidence in myself to talk to any girls. I can never get the right mix of drunk/sober to find the confidence to dance or talk to anyone. I usually end up talking in a corner with my friend's girlfriend or something.

Edit: It's also bad that I need alcohol at all to talk to girls :/.

So does this guy!

[image]

But in all seriousness, those who you will keep close to you and those who will keep you close can be based upon the idea of: be interesting, and interested.

If you think you'll never be good enough, even in just a basic conversation that's not about work or the shit you did over the weekend, start to research the most random shit: countries, foreign films, anatomy of the human body, art history, kama sutra, whatever -- the more things you find interesting, the more you'll have to discuss with someone else (male or female), and the more they'll find interesting in you.

I grew up without confidence, and remained the quiet, yet random kid for a while, until finally I said fuck it and struck up conversation with anyone. Observe people and you'll learn. Talk to people and you'll learn. Communication is key, man. Communicate with yourself by expanding your personality, and communicate with all things. Without experience you'll never learn anything.

Hell, I'll walk outside and talk to a goddamn plant for all I care -- they need carbon dioxide, and we breathe out carbon dioxide. Eventually I'll bring that up with someone who might not care about it, but if they're not interested in just talking about random things, then fine, whatever.

If you're a beer drinking, go research how to brew your own beer and do it. Eventually, you'll randomly talk to someone at the bar, tell them you made a beer and ask if they want one. Perhaps they'll have a friend who's some cool chick that likes different beers. You never know...and you'll never know until you do something about it.

There are too many people on this goddamn planet, man. Too many assholes, and too many genuine people that you'll never know until you meet 'em.

I met a girl from Brazil on facebook, and she's cool as shit...she studies architecture and travels to random countries to see other cultures and to hike. I may have deactivated my account for now, but we skype. Skype's awesome. DO SUMTIN FUNN, THOMAS. RIGHT MEOW.

+ listened to a lot of my records today since I moved into a new apt.

- hungry as fuck

+ read a book of poems from the 80s. I haven't read a book in quite a while.

+ pumped up my aerobed.

- no job. If.i cant get one soon its back to texas. I have learn to just live out of a bag so I dont have to travel with so much.

Dan Jones is right - You really have to throw a picture up there. My wife said she wouldn't even respond to anyone who wasn't willing to post a photo. She said it showed that you weren't really serious about finding someone.

the thing is no one on dating sites gives a shit about your info, as long as you are semi-attractive they will respond and make an attempt at meeting up with you. i can't even get responses and i have photos up. maybe i should take my roommates advice and not give a shit and treat people like bitches and assholes and then they will respond. apparently it works for most of my friends who easily obtain ladies. (shrugs shoulders)

I try to make innocuous chit chat with random (old people/men/women) people in line at the store just to be nice. usually people will speak to me monosyllabically. Which i can't stand. last week i had a women tell me i wasn't her type. And for just asking how her day was. FTW!

id like to throw in my 2 cents on dating sites

ive tried a few.. okcupid, zoosk, plentyoffish, and had zero luck. like thomas, im pretty shallow when it comes to these sites, but why is that a bad thing? youre using this site to weed out what you do and dont want, so why bother settling for something that youre not looking for in the first place?

the worst part was that every good looking girl i clicked into inevitably had some form of "and i LoOoOoOoOvE country music!!!"

im a good looking guy (shit, ladies better watch the fuck out after this new hair cut), and i still have no confidence in approaching a woman. i simply dont know what to do. and ive read everything there is to read, and all it says is "uhh just b yerself n thats all shes gunna want". thanks for the awesome advice maxim.

like allison said, i tend to find more success in approaching friends of friends through facebook. developed a fling back in the summer that way, and now im kind of talking to a girl from the same.