+/- about your day

- it's been raining everyday for well over a week now and isn't going to stop anytime soon

- this drives ants to higher/dryer grounds

- some friends were in town last night which kept me up later than normal as I have to get up @ 5a.m. on sundays for work

- they were even louder when they came home from the bars @ 2:30 which kept me up until 4ish...

- alarm clock still went off at 5

- got in my vehicle and started driving to work @ 5:50am, it was pouring outside so I could hardly see as it was...then my windshield started fogging, (at this point refer to my first two minuses), my knob is broken on my AC/Heater in my vehicle and stuck on full blast...I blasted the defroster to try and clear up the fog on my windshield....it blasted ants that had nested in my dash all over me at 6a.m.ish this morning while driving down the road in torrential downpours...ants landed in my eyes, in my hair, my beard, my mouth as I was singing along to music...crawling and biting me all over....

- pulling over and getting out in the rain to attempt to swat/brush off as many ants off me as possible

- got to work to find out that the sewer system was backed up and the toilets didn't work as well as the sinks...for washing dishes

- one of my drivers got into a wreck at the busiest part of the day

- i ended up being $40 short today and couldn't find the money anywhere...I'm sure I'll get a shit storm for that...as I should

- havn't eaten since about 5:15am...it's now 9p.m.

- The Avett Brothers are playing in town right now (nobody comes through this fucking town)...of course it's sold the fuck out

- just realized friends that kept me up all night drank all my beer...and this fucking town doesn't sell alcohol on Sundays...

+ I'm still alive?

Guest markovianprocess

+ Had a sweet day off,

+ Finished up a new song. A little closer to finishing the album.

+ Started selling off some gear. It will be good to run a more focused setup.

+ I've got tomorrow off too.

- Postal strike meant no mail/records today. Damn.

Guest markovianprocess

+ I had the best post day ever. 10 LPs!

- A customs bill for £10.

+ I'm really enjoying being back at university. My classes are so interesting this semester!

+ Had a really positive meeting with my academic advisor/dissertation supervisor. That guy welcomed me back like an old friend.

- My mom has a rare blood disorder that has given her this bone-marrow cancer. She starts treatment in 2.5 months, but has to move to Boston for 6+ months. My sister is 15 and in high school, so I have to watch her for 6 months. My mom is still working, somehow, despite ridiculous pain and discomfort and all kinds of side-effects from pills and shit, but when she goes on disability, we found out she won't get much at all - something like $150 a week. That will barely pay the mortgage, let alone insurance for us all, electricity, cable (if we even keep it), heat, our phones, car payments... I'm moving home for all this so I can throw my $300 I paid for rent at this, but it's going to be really rough for a long time. My sister plays hockey - don't know how she'll get there ever, if we can even afford to have her play anymore. I have very little family to begin with, my brother doesn't come around much because he keeps to himself a whole lot, and my grandparents are moving to Boston with my mom because she has to have 24-hr supervision.

My mom raised three of us, all playing travel hockey, on $28k a year for a long time after her and my dad split, so I know what it's like to be a charity case and rely on other families, but my sister is going to deal with it on a whole new level, and I feel so bad for her.

This all piles on top of the fact that I already am pretty much living in poverty anyway. Not counting student-loan debt, I'm sitting at -$400 right now and have about $600 in expenses looming in the next two weeks. I've gone grocery shopping once since May, and am amazed my friends still tolerate feeding me and giving me beer every so often.

- and to top it off, almost all my friends play rugby and are in various cities for away games. The one person I was going to hang out with because she's still around just texted me that she's not feeling well, so I'll mope around and watch the Red Sox lose, again, to the Yankees...

Just kind of in a bitching mood I guess. I can't get to Syracuse next week for Homecoming so I can't see my college friends that I haven't seen in a while. I can't afford to go camping with my friends around here next weekend either. I'm just tired of all this, and it's only going to get harder just before Christmas.

Thank you. It will suck asshole, but if everything goes right, she'll be able to say she's healthy for the first time since she was 18 during her first semester of college when they thought she had Leukemia, but found out she had polycythemia. Her spleen weighs 20 lbs right now and is always a risk of rupturing. Her legs swell from pain. She's always (in my life) gotten tired easily. The fact that in maybe 9 months she can go skiing with us for the first time would be amazing, or that she can participate in the child-parent hockey game, or anything like that.

Basically, it's going to suck a whole lot, but if everything goes through, it'll all be worth it. It's just chaos right now.

- Bah. My father just found out about my mother's soon-to-be bone marrow transplant and is already being a dick about it. He's planning on wasting a lot of time and money to sue for my sister's custody, even though no judge alive will force her to live with him because I would qualify as a legal guardian if necessary, and its against her wishes. He's just an asshole anyway.

+/- first real day of classes today

- I think I might be getting fired from the easiest job ever taking pictures for my school

+ I think I have a tutoring job lined up and even though its only 4-5 hours / week its 12 dollars an hour

- I'd still need to find another job.

+its supposed to be cooling down to mid 70s this week!