+/- about your day

+first in line at my record shop

+sigur ros!

+free donut and free bojangles biscuit while waiting in line for the shop to open

+i got everything i wanted and was able to help out a friend with mae

+long ass awesome nap

+got a front row parking spot at the venue

+kevin devine and say anything killed it tonight

today was one of the best days i've had in a long time. damn.

- It looks like I'm failing my internship class because I didn't get enough hours.

- I now have to find a new one for the fall, so I can graduate.

+ I have a few prospects, and they are paid this time which is awesome.

+ Should be moving into my house next weekend.

- 2nd floor is not done, so I'll have to sleep in a first floor bedroom for a few weeks until we finish upstairs.

- Life is bumming me out a bit.

- didn't get to actively participate in RSD

+ did get the majority of what I was trying to track down regardless

+ two friends got in town saturday and we definitely made the most of it

- missed a really cool BBQ/house show yesterday, Waxahatchee played around the block from me and I ended up missing out.

+ got to eat brunch at one of my favorite local restaurants (where I now get half-off) with friends I hadn't seen in quite some time

+ got to mini-roadie for Sharon Van Etten

+ got paid to sell merch for Sharon Van Etten and a free LP of "Tramp"

- Today is now monday....bleh

- I feel like a failure right now. I'm not going to get my internship hours turned in, so I'm going to fail. I now have to push back graduating until December, if I can find another internship. I should have dropped it when I had the chance, but I'm such an idiot. I don't know what to do at this point and time. Life sucks sometimes.

-Car is going to cost $1,000 to fix

-Can't afford to buy another one so i'll need to pay it

+Received an insurance refund check for $130, so that helps a little

+/-Have the money saved up, but it was supposed to go towards my wedding

-RSD sucks ass

+Was able to grab Snapcase, which is all i really wanted

- Someone crashed into the store where I work...

+ We got to close and I didn't have to deal with customers for the day!

Dude, late last summer / fall, the city of Buffalo had a crazy epidemic (pandemic?) of this! It was like a 3 week streak of someone hitting a building every day, then it slowed down, but they still happened for a few more weeks. It was out of control.

I don't understand how it happens, unless they're old or on drugs. Only one or two were drunk/drugged in Buffalo. The rest were old. Old people need to be retested. Fuck their rights, it's safer for everyone, and driving is a privilege.

- I have a BR00TAL charlie horse on my left thigh. I was playing stupid roller hockey last night and took two crosschecks there. The first, I tried to pull a move out of the corner, and the guy just kinda stuck his arms out to keep me from cutting left and going around him. Stick drilled my leg. About 10 minutes later I went into the corner and got the puck up to a winger and a guy on the other team bumped me and the lower part of his stick managed to hit the exact same place. It's debilitating. I'm hobbling around like a jackass.

Matt, how is your mom doing? Any better since the fall?
Yea. They're thinking tomorrow she'll be able to come out of the hospital. They're considering removing her spleen but that's risky for her. They'll be sending PT and nurses to the house more frequently, too.

She lucked out. Didn't break anything, nothing deeper than superficial damage, but it highlighted for us how ridiculously weak she is.

But overall, yes, she's recovering. Thanks for asking.

- Someone crashed into the store where I work...

+ We got to close and I didn't have to deal with customers for the day!

Dude, late last summer / fall, the city of Buffalo had a crazy epidemic (pandemic?) of this! It was like a 3 week streak of someone hitting a building every day, then it slowed down, but they still happened for a few more weeks. It was out of control.

I don't understand how it happens, unless they're old or on drugs. Only one or two were drunk/drugged in Buffalo. The rest were old. Old people need to be retested. Fuck their rights, it's safer for everyone, and driving is a privilege.

Yeah, at first we thought it was someone who was just getting home from a late night (it was around 9 AM) and they might have been drunk. But now I pretty sure that they think it was a college student that had been sleep deprived coming off of finals.

Yeah, at first we thought it was someone who was just getting home from a late night (it was around 9 AM) and they might have been drunk. But now I pretty sure that they think it was a college student that had been sleep deprived coming off of finals.

Going to college in a city/not having a car:

- Have to pay for buses to go home/pretty much anywhere

+ Don't have to deal with parking/driving to class after getting 5 hours of sleep

Last week one of my friends and another friend's mom got in accidents/totaled their cars, luckily neither one got hurt. I think it's car-smashing season. Was the guy who crashed into Panera okay?

Going to college in a city/not having a car:

- Have to pay for buses to go home/pretty much anywhere

+ Don't have to deal with parking/driving to class after getting 5 hours of sleep

Last week one of my friends and another friend's mom got in accidents/totaled their cars, luckily neither one got hurt. I think it's car-smashing season. Was the guy who crashed into Panera okay?

Yeah, I'm actually from the city where I go to college. So, I have a car when I need it but both university and city buses are free for students! It's super convenient downtown, because parking can be such a hassle.

We think the driver is ok. She got taken away in an ambulance pretty quickly but it was just very minor bumps and bruises. There was a customer that was also slightly injured. She was sitting like a foot away from where the car came in, and she was just more shaken up than anything.

+ I got an email back from a small computer repair place in town that wants to set up an interview.

- It's only 24 hours a week, and it only pays $8.50/hour to start. I make that now and work 40 hours week. I'm sure I can work something out to work at both, but who knows. The place is only open 3pm to 7pm.