I started a record label

kylet

why do people on here always go out of their way to mention their awesome girlfriends whenever offering their final fuck you defense?

kyle, i wish you and the label the best and you can sleep tight knowing i dont think youre anywhere near the league of douchebaggery as the paramedic kid.

mods, by not doing anything you are doing a great job. keep being wonderful.

2.) I'm probably the farthest thing from an "ambulance chaser". To be honest I'm fucking terrified of doctors. My previous statement "Court, lawyers, court, lawyers, more lawyers lawyers lawyers" had nothing to do with money. My girlfriend's law professor (ex dean of the court in downtown Buffalo) represented me, almost free of charge. Either he's just solid dude, or he has a thing for my girlfriend. Probably more so number 2. My goal in getting a lawyer was not to get money, it was to put the crazy guy who hit me with his car, got out, looked me in the eyes and said "I'm going to kill you" and chased me down the road, behind bars. The first thing I told my lawyer was I don't want a dime, I'll be happy if this guy goes to jail. The lawyer ended up getting me 3,000 dollars from that guys insurance company, which was awesome, but was my intention. It's not a fun process at all. I actually have court on Wednesday because of it, and I'm loosing sleep thinking about how I have to see that crazy fucker again.

No. This is not how it works.

Civil and criminal cases are two different things. You don't get a lawyer to put someone in jail. The state does that (that's why it's "State v." or "People v.") You get a lawyer in a situation like this for one reason and one reason only - to get some $$$ out of the situation.

I have no problem with that, but quit lying to us.

why do people on here always go out of their way to mention their awesome girlfriends whenever offering their final fuck you defense?

Haha I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to be a "fuck you" in any way. I was just trying to let "itsajackie" know that I'm very happy with my life, and could care less what people on the internet think of me. And that he should consider doing the same.

No. This is not how it works.

Civil and criminal cases are two different things. You don't get a lawyer to put someone in jail. The state does that (that's why it's "State v." or "People v.") You get a lawyer in a situation like this for one reason and one reason only - to get some $$$ out of the situation.

I have no problem with that, but quite lying to us.

Man you really are quit the asshole. Calling me liar as if you know the story.

I'll give you the scoop, but only because I don't have any homework I have to do tonight.

So the day after I was hit, I'm thinking about the ambulance ride, hospital bills, cost of a new bike. If any of you have ever been in that situation its overwhelming. So I turned to the only lawyer I knew, my girlfriends professor. My being a 21 year old kid who had never stepped foot in a court room before, the lawyer explained to me everything you just did. He told me what was going to happen, and how he was going to be representing me and we would be filing both criminal and civil cases. And so on and so on.

I may be an asshole, and I may have a poor taste in music, but I'm not a liar!

I'll give you the scoop, but only because I don't have any homework I have to do tonight.

So the day after I was hit, I'm thinking about the ambulance ride, hospital bills, cost of a new bike. If any of you have ever been in that situation its overwhelming. So I turned to the only lawyer I knew, my girlfriends professor. My being a 21 year old kid who had never stepped foot in a court room before, the lawyer explained to me everything you just did. He told me what was going to happen, and how he was going to be representing me and we would be filing both criminal and civil cases. And so on and so on.

"Liar" may be harsh, it just sounds like you still don't understand how the process works.

You are not a party to the criminal case, you are a witness. Your lawyer will not be filing this case for you. If the state decides to go forward, a prosecutor will file the case (or already has.) You will be a witness to that case. You only need a lawyer as a witness to keep you from saying something stupid that could hurt your civil case.

"Liar" may be harsh, it just sounds like you still don't understand how the process works.

You are not a party to the criminal case, you are a witness. Your lawyer will not be filing this case for you. If the state decides to go forward, a prosecutor will file the case (or already has.) You will be a witness to that case. You only need a lawyer as a witness to keep you from saying something stupid that could hurt your civil case.

BREAKING NEWS: A 21-year-old kid doesn't understand America's legal system.

UP NEXT: Sky is blue, grass is green.

come back and tell me it sucks when your in a band that get 5,000 plays a day and sells 500 records a month.
I really don't give a shit about who did what because that's not what it's about.

Classic lose right there. Dude comes in waving his 3" music "career" penis... only to find out that almost every other person in this thread has sold more records individually than the numbers he's lying about in the first place. WHOOPS.

Kylet:

start a label. It's fun, and it's a good way to burn money and time, and get a cool end product. But if you really care for local/diy music, consider putting your money and effort into something local or regional or a friend's band instead of licensing something. I understand there is a place for these kind of labels, but realistically, the great and most memorable record labels aren't the ones that licensed records. You can put out something great that not many people have heard, for a fraction of the cost of releasing something on vinyl just because you want it on vinyl.

Wow....this thread is ridiculous. I can't believe I haven't even looked at it until now.

All I can say is, as a person of Japanese descent, fuck you itsajakie, you racist fuckhole. Try referring to us as "japs" again. Just try it. I got "family" in malls across the country running sushi places in the food courts. Think about that when you do your mall tour.