the How to Press a Record Thread

Any information on distribution would be helpful.

Anyone that has to read this thread to figure out how to release a record will not be getting any sort of significant distribution.

I think you need to be reminded, all of us "established labels" were not born with this info we've figured out by trial and error AND advice from other people who run labels.

so who's to say that any other label started with this information will not go on to get "significant distribution"?

While we are discussing what should be discussed in the main post, for people like me who cannot draw to save their life, how does the artwork/lyric process go? Do the bands fund/provide it, or are the labels responsible for the artwork and lyric inserts and such? If the label provides it, is there specific formula pages or programs for setting the appropriate size for inserts, sleeves, and labels?

Thanks.

While we are discussing what should be discussed in the main post, for people like me who cannot draw to save their life, how does the artwork/lyric process go? Do the bands fund/provide it, or are the labels responsible for the artwork and lyric inserts and such? If the label provides it, is there specific formula pages or programs for setting the appropriate size for inserts, sleeves, and labels?

Thanks.

Jason, this topic goes either way, sometimes the labels themselves have an aesthetic that they stick to and they typically do art in-house, ie: Deathwish, Inc., No Idea/Vardcore Desisgn. But it varies so much that we wouldn't be able to boil it down to easy answers. All of my releases, the bands have provided artwork, except for tour covers and the Iron Reminders demo, I did those, but only a handful out of 35 releases.

B9 orders all of our LP mailers from ULINE - they do sell individual ones and the quality is great... Not to mention you get your order the next day if you order by 5 or 6PM...

awesome, thanks for the input Chris.

What store system does B9 use?