Taking Back Sunday First Press?

Yeah, please do! I'm not trying to dissuade you. I'm just saying I've probably sent 5 complaints for various reasons (all legit ie cracked record) and it's always shipping or the internet. Not their fault EVER. No compensation, no man that sucks. I'm not looking for a handout just letting them know they suck and bah...nothing ever.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

message sent:

"I received my order today -- part of which was the Taking Back Sunday "Tell All Your Friends" LP on clear orange vinyl.

The record itself seems to be fine (though I haven't played it yet), but the entire bottom seam of the sleeve is torn. Due to the nature of the sleeve design, it's now in two separate piecees and essentially is worthless. As there's no damage whatsoever to the much softer and thus more likely breakable plastic outer sleeve, it seems quite unlikely that the damage occurred during shipping and more probable that you have shipped out a damaged item.

Given that this is the first problem i've ever had dealing with your business, I sincerely hope that is not the case. If it is, I'd like to know what your policy is in dealing with such situations.

Regards,

Patrick Book"

Guest scriptedrain
man, after all of their other shitty albums i kind of forgot how much i enjoy this one....i'm kind of glad i got this now...

That's how I felt after listening to the new repress earlier this summer. It's such a solid album, it's too bad they couldn't have done another one with John Nolan. It'll be interesting to see the tracklisting for the new Victory b-side release, I'm just hoping it's not all the songs that have been floating around since the file sharing program days.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
Where You Want To Be was good but not great. Louder Now was such a huge dissapointment. Aside from a few good songs it was trash. Plus the production was so bad that the good songs didn't even sound that great.

I've talked to a lot of TBS fans over the years who hate WYWTB. Personally, I enjoy it for what it is, understanding that the band isn't going to create something as fresh or raw or emotional as TAYF. It's not that bad of a listen once you distance yourself from the band for a while and just want to put something on. As for Louder Now, I was completely let down like most fans. MakeDamnSure is a good track and there are a couple that are ok to me, but since I usually listen to albums as whole pieces, I rarely ever hear anything from the album.

- Jeff

Where You Want To Be was good but not great. Louder Now was such a huge dissapointment. Aside from a few good songs it was trash. Plus the production was so bad that the good songs didn't even sound that great.

I've talked to a lot of TBS fans over the years who hate WYWTB. Personally, I enjoy it for what it is, understanding that the band isn't going to create something as fresh or raw or emotional as TAYF. It's not that bad of a listen once you distance yourself from the band for a while and just want to put something on. As for Louder Now, I was completely let down like most fans. MakeDamnSure is a good track and there are a couple that are ok to me, but since I usually listen to albums as whole pieces, I rarely ever hear anything from the album.

- Jeff

Exactly. I was so excited for Louder Now after hearing MakeDamnSure and then I got it and just wanted to cry.

man, after all of their other shitty albums i kind of forgot how much i enjoy this one....i'm kind of glad i got this now...

That's how I felt after listening to the new repress earlier this summer. It's such a solid album, it's too bad they couldn't have done another one with John Nolan. It'll be interesting to see the tracklisting for the new Victory b-side release, I'm just hoping it's not all the songs that have been floating around since the file sharing program days.

- Jeff

Unfortunately, it's just a "greatest hits" package with "The Ballad of Sal Villanueva" and "Your Own Disaster" tacked on.

- Jeff

Unfortunately, it's just a "greatest hits" package with "The Ballad of Sal Villanueva" and "Your Own Disaster" tacked on.

That blows.

Guest falloutcollapse

something about how thursday is just the right sized band for victory to be working with, and how tony calls them 'innovators' in every interview he takes now

as for tbs, it beats me.

very, very disappointing. but i guess that the spectacular-looking thursday dvd will make up for this lame attempt at cashing in

The Thursday release, on the other hand, is apparently turning out INCREDIBLE, according to a friend at Victory. Like, really, really, really badass. And apparently the new songs are sick, too.

Guest scriptedrain

- Jeff

Greatest hits? What the fuck?

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
very, very disappointing. but i guess that the spectacular-looking thursday dvd will make up for this lame attempt at cashing in

The Thursday release, on the other hand, is apparently turning out INCREDIBLE, according to a friend at Victory. Like, really, really, really badass. And apparently the new songs are sick, too.

Good to hear :)

- Jeff