We Need Transparency (an open letter to Virgil)

Also silly is taking jabs at someone because of where they work.

Really?

I realize there are some people who just take any job they can get to support their family, but there is no reason to work at a soul sucking corporation like Hot Topic other than that.

We can make moral choices about what we do for a living. Why is that so hard a concept to grasp?

Just gotta emphasize that this is probably the worst post in this thread. Have you looked outside lately? Who the fuck can "make choices" about where they work right now? A very small minority. Congratulations if you're part of it, but I know I am not the exception to the rule when I say I've been unemployed for four months and would kill a baby animal for a job anywhere, much more for a cushy retail job at Hot Topic.

i wouldn't label hot topic as soul sucking. its just another retail mall job, albeit one that has a really lax dress code. I have plenty of friends who have worked, or still work there.. and none of them really had any complaints about the job other than customer stupidity... but thats pretty much 90% of mall shoppers anyways

Guest kylewilliam

i worked at hot topic. one of the best retail jobs a young, pierced and tattoo'd person can have. you get to talk to kids and open them up to different types of music,and you can put on whatever you want as long as it is on their giant mp3 player, and theres always good music on it.

i worked at hot topic. one of the best retail jobs a young, pierced and tattoo'd person can have. you get to talk to kids and open them up to different types of music,and you can put on whatever you want as long as it is on their giant mp3 player, and theres always good music on it.

do you think they have gordon solie motherfuckers on their mp3 player? that would be awesome if they did.

do you think they have gordon solie motherfuckers on their mp3 player? that would be awesome if they did.

A Fuckin' Men to that.

for 4 years i worked at an independent cd/record/dvd store. if we got 1 copy of an album and wanted to listen to it we would open it up and listen to it. any time of day and no matter what we played it would always sell. we had the type of customers who went out of their way to learn as much new music as they could and were totally open to suggestions. my life ruled

for 4 years i worked at an independent cd/record/dvd store. if we got 1 copy of an album and wanted to listen to it we would open it up and listen to it. any time of day and no matter what we played it would always sell. we had the type of customers who went out of their way to learn as much new music as they could and were totally open to suggestions. my life ruled

I did this when I worked at Borders. If stuff is playing, people will buy it, no matter what. We had a shrink wrap machine in the back, and we perfected the art of slicing open the plastic, keeping the top sticker intact, and then listening/resealing the CD when we were done. God, I loved that job. I fucked around so much.

Guest kylewilliam

yeah, for the 5 years prior to working at hot topic i worked at the only indie store in south florida... playing whatever i wanted was pretty amazing,

i worked at a small family owned skate shop in the mall for like 4 years. and played anything i wanted all the time. wore whatever i wanted. put on whatever videos we wanted. i miss it, being unemployed is fun for a bit. but i'd have about 150-200 more records right now if i wasnt out of a job for the last 4 months.

Things that I have learned from this thread that defy logic:

- VC is in trouble and I should not give them any money because they don't have enough money to pay labels.

- VC coming up with ways of making money are bad because they don't have enough money to pay labels.

- Hot Topic is cool.