PO: MINUS THE BEAR "Omni" 2xLP (standard & deluxe)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who's spent considerable time with the album, I will say this: It is 100% a grower. I didn't like it at all the first time I heard it.

I find I feel this way about most of their stuff. It usually takes me a week of solid listening to really dig what they're doing. That's good though in a lot of cases. It usually means the songs are dense, nuanced, complicated or whatever twenty-five cent word you want to use there.

I may be totally wrong but the original email I got from Dangerbird about the cancellation seems to suggest that orders placed at Dangerbird will ship on April 15th, despite the release date of May 4th. I could be wrong though.

"Thankfully this error has been caught and fixed with ample time prior to shipment so the opportunity to reorder the Minus The Bear “OMNI” LP pre-order still exists until April 15th, 2010."

Yeah I feel like pretty much everything they've ever done has had to grow on me. I don't dislike their stuff right away but I would hardly say I ever fall in love right away. I usually like it, play it a few times then realize I really love it. That all being said, I won't be picking this up until I hear it all.

Yeah I feel like pretty much everything they've ever done has had to grow on me. I don't dislike their stuff right away but I would hardly say I ever fall in love right away. I usually like it, play it a few times then realize I really love it. That all being said, I won't be picking this up until I hear it all.

Same with me, I got into this band shortly after Menos El Oso and was happy to be apart of the Planet of Ice release. In contrast, Omni is getting a lot more promotion and is building up anticipation far better than SS ever did for me and all over. After hearing Into the Mirror, My Time and the clips I'm confident of my recent purchase. Not feeling the deluxe version though, dangerbird's only fumble IMO.

Yeah.. I hated POS when it first came out, and I hated HRP when I first heard it years ago... Now they are both one of my favorite albums.

[image]

hahaha that guy is awesome!

Minus the Bear has always been something that grows on me. I've never liked a single album of theirs at first. I find I have to listen a few times at first and then leave it for a month or two and come back to it

Guest adam526
Listened to the album today at their "private" show, it was really fucking cool. - - - to all the skeptics out there

Nice! What do you think of MTB's other releases?

The new one reminded me a lot of Planet of Ice. Even when they were playing the new songs live, same vibe me thinks.

Guest lacesout

i was one of those skeptics, and you've convinced me. i'm gonna go re-order my preorder after i drop a check in the bank.

• 3 weeks later...