What do you put in/on salads?

I've recently gotten into eating salads (because theyre freaking delicious) and I'm trying to lose some Winter weight.

I use romaine leaves, cheddar cheese, croutons, and sunflower seeds with ranch dressing. Its good, but I am getting bored of it. Lets see what you guys put on yours.

Guest eriathomas

Normal salad vegtables, spinach, croutons, swiss cheese, and some grilled chicken. I rarely put salad dressing on it, but if I do, it is low fat sweet and sour or italian.

I usually like raspberry vinaigrette, or caesar if I'm using chicken. ever so rarely, I use ranch.

other than that

romaine, spinach or both

slivered almonds

dried cranberries

croutons

peppers of various types

goat cheese

feta

a whole rare 16oz new york strip steak

not really but that would be awesome

cucumba!

broccoli

pecans

bacon bits on rare occasion

whatever. it's a fucking salad, nearly anything goes

Usually it's any mixture of that stuff...if I'm using "hotter" things like banana peppers I avoid using fruit and vice versa...I just experiment and mix those things to varying degrees. Some don't go together, some do.

Not all together but my salads consist of spinach, tomatoes, onions, feta, goat cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, almonds, walnuts, eggs, oranges, mangoes, apples, mushrooms, carrots, leeks, olives and I'm probably missing a bunch of stuff but whatever. Also the type of dressing depends on the type of salad I made. I almost always use spinach instead of shitty worthless romaine/iceburg lettuce. That stuff has nothing in it for you other than water.

Guest chappy5

Regularly I'll just eat a caesar salad, however I've tried a new one and I use shredded carrots add chicken,cheese, raisins, apples, and sauteed almonds, and pecans... it's pretty damn good.

I usually don't put much in the way of veggies. It's lettuce, mushrooms, onions, cheese, croutons, avacado. Sunflower seeds and/or orange slices if I've got them.

The dressing really makes the salad for me though. I love all types of dressing, but try to find new ones whenever I run out. Poppyseed dressing is amazing.

It depends on the salad, but normally crutons, real bacon bits, Italian dressing, etc.

Also, I eat salads last. Much better and refreshing after eating your main course. TRY IT.