Man Overboard-Before We Met

Pretty good pop-punk band. Can't wait for the full length.

Man Overboard is now introducing you to their past with a collection of re-recorded demo songs that they never released. Also includes their well-received, self-released and out of print EP, "Hung Up On Nothing." Bringing new life to the songs on "Before We Met," Man Overboard has put a new touch on some old classics of theirs.

1st Press:

153 - Black Vinyl

270 - Blue Vinyl

276 - Green Vinyl

http://www.panicrecords.net/webstore/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=310

• 3 months later...

Ordered the LP and Transit split from Panic but unfortunately they incorrectly packed the 'Make Do And Mend - Bodies Of Water' LP instead of 'Man Overboard - Before We Met' so hopefully they'll just dispatch the correct LP and let me keep this one (especially since I'm overseas). Is everyone's dealings with Panic been pretty cool?

i really don't like to troll threads and say bands are terrible, but this band is very bad. I don't get the hype. and don't try and say they are good live because they are even worse live then recorded.

I like some of the recorded stuff but they are really really bad live, I can't imagine them ever getting big with how they are live.

i really don't like to troll threads and say bands are terrible, but this band is very bad. I don't get the hype. and don't try and say they are good live because they are even worse live then recorded.

+iyo

I've actually been told that they are great live by a bunch of people. Guess I'll be able to judge myself come next month. Either way, the new record is terrible.

+iyo

didn't quote Michael and say "+iyo" because I can't elaborate because I've never seen them live.

EDIT: for people that didn't guess "iyo" is "in your opinion"

I like Man Overboard.

The great thing about this place is that we're not a bunch of eight-year-olds, and we're well aware that people's opinions are indeed their opinions. Thanks for pointing it out, though.

I won't say this band sucks, but every single song of theirs I've heard has been absolute garbage. For a while I was on the fence about seeing The Sidekicks later this month, really just because Man Overboard are touring with them and would be getting a cut of the money.

Ultimately I read that Tiger's Jaw was also on the bill, and decided I'd bite the bullet and go.

The great thing about this place is that we're not a bunch of eight-year-olds, and we're well aware that people's opinions are indeed their opinions. Thanks for pointing it out, though.

I won't say this band sucks, but every single song of theirs I've heard has been absolute garbage. For a while I was on the fence about seeing The Sidekicks later this month, really just because Man Overboard are touring with them and would be getting a cut of the money.

Ultimately I read that Tiger's Jaw was also on the bill, and decided I'd bite the bullet and go.

Sorry. It's been a long night. I need some sleep. I see "imo" so many times in so many boards/forums. Those are my excuses for being stupid. This is what the internet does to you, ha. Did I mention I like this band?

Good night.

my favorite pop punk band right now . real talk is amazing . anything before real talk is meh okay at best.. but real talk reminds me of brand new's favorite weapon mixed with blink's take off your pants . again my opinion and some i am sure hate this band but i am stoked to get the new release .

alright time for some explication. Keep in mind all of this is just "in my opinion" ;):P :-*

First, I've never really liked the vocals for this band. A little too whiney/high pitched/lacking in power for me.

Second, the new songs arent really that bad. It's the production that makes it terrible. What's the deal with all the dancy autotuned digital effects on the vocals in "Fantasy Girl"? The guitars sound super clean to me which makes all the hooks lack the punch that they should have(see the most recent This Time Next Year album).

Truth is I only got about two thirds of the way through the record because I just got bored.

• 8 years later...
5 hours ago, ckraus333 said:

Just noticed that MerchNow has some leftovers of the Hot Topic blue, orange, green tri-color press from 2013.

https://merchnow.com/products/151565/before-we-met-a-collection-of-old-songs

Hmm, I wonder if any other bands/labels received some Hot Topic leftovers...