Cokie The Clown @ SXSW

granted i havent seen the clip yet, as im sure i cant truly understand the experience by just reading it on blogs, at first this seemed to me to be some fucked up elaborate joke. like, on an andy kaufman level. in fact, there was an interview fat mike did before the set where he compared the act to andy kaufman. just totally disturb and fuck with the audience. and it seemed like it worked. i dont know.. maybe i need to see it.

I've seen the video and I'd agree. While the stories were obviously true and are things that have affected him, I'd say most of this was part of the fucked up clown act and nobody seems to have gotten it.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

granted i havent seen the clip yet, as im sure i cant truly understand the experience by just reading it on blogs, at first this seemed to me to be some fucked up elaborate joke. like, on an andy kaufman level. in fact, there was an interview fat mike did before the set where he compared the act to andy kaufman. just totally disturb and fuck with the audience. and it seemed like it worked. i dont know.. maybe i need to see it.

I've seen the video and I'd agree. While the stories were obviously true and are things that have affected him, I'd say most of this was part of the fucked up clown act and nobody seems to have gotten it.

Everyone's stupid except me.

this is my take on it. i know his sense of humor is fucked, but short of actually pissing in a bottle of alcohol and serving it to people, these stories aren't that far fetched for his character and life. Hell ive done half of the shit he's done and if i recanted them the way he did, i'd be considered fucked too. He's just recanting stuff from his life in a skewed away to make the listener uncomfortable. Sure it may have effected him, but not nearly as bad as you think. I have strange fucked up stories too, but i'm far from depressed or in need of help.

this is my take on it. i know his sense of humor is fucked, but short of actually pissing in a bottle of alcohol and serving it to people, these stories aren't that far fetched for his character and life. Hell ive done half of the shit he's done and if i recanted them the way he did, i'd be considered fucked too. He's just recanting stuff from his life in a skewed away to make the listener uncomfortable. Sure it may have effected him, but not nearly as bad as you think. I have strange fucked up stories too, but i'm far from depressed or in need of help.

But he's not the same person as you. You haven't been in the spotlight for years and had to be "on" so to speak so I'm sure this is his way of getting through it with a facade or possibly a cry for help. Some people get through stuff, some don't.