Selling your DVDs / gadgets online

I hate DVDs! I've been trying to get rid of all of mine, but they're seriously not worth anything. eBaying them is the best way to maximize profits, but I don't want to mail a DVD for $4 out and have eBay/Paypal take $2 out of that. I sold a few on Craigslist in bulk and that went ok.

Two weeks ago I was listening to the podcast Macbreak Weekly on the TWiT network (a must if you're a huge Mac geek) and they were talking about one of their new sponsors, Gazelle.

Gazelle isn't a new concept, but they execute it the best. Basically you go to the website, sign up, and start searching for your DVDs, cellphones, laptops, etc... and they'll tell you how much money they'll give you for them. It wasn't eBay money, but better than the record store down the street.

Add everything to your cart, go to check out, and select how you want to be paid. This is a cool part, you can select a check, PayPal, or Amazon GC. If you pick Amazon you can get a 5% bonus.

After that, they'll send you a box, pack up your stuff, take the box to FedEX, and wait. You can login to the website to check your status on items. They took all of my stuff so far, including my g/fs old beat up Blackberry.

If you use the coupon code MACBREAK you can get an extra 10% on gadgets, not DVDs.

It was a pretty easy process, I didn't get a TON of money back, but enough to make me happy. You don't have to use this, but if you want to try Gazelle, use this link below. If you send them more than $50 I'll get $10 back.

http://www.gazelle.com/referral_code/scottauth-7963

Guest eriathomas

Nice, I'll need to see if any of the anime DVDs I don't watch anymore will be worth selling (doubt it since they always release a complete boxset a few weeks after the final dvd volume is out).

Nice, I'll need to see if any of the anime DVDs I don't watch anymore will be worth selling (doubt it since they always release a complete boxset a few weeks after the final dvd volume is out).

My brother was saying anime goes for a lot.

My g/f's old workout videos netted us like $3-4 each on newtownvideo.com

Guest eriathomas

My brother was saying anime goes for a lot.

My g/f's old workout videos netted us like $3-4 each on newtownvideo.com

So far it's either recycle or like $0.50 :P.