CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

10 hours ago, nick69 said:

Yo, I got a mysterious email from FedEx that a parcel will arrive to me in 6th December. No details of contents whatsoever. Tracking says it was picked up in Peabody, MA.   This must be it.

Some people on Reddit have said they got theirs already, with no shipping confirmation.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Yup. I've never been a huge fan of hardcore, or really heavy stuff but thought I'd try it out. I'm always down for listening to something new, but it pretty much turned out as expected.

I took a gamble with more recent Converge albums back in 2009 or so, and worked my way backwards.  None of them were love at first listen considering my tastes at the time – and I certainly don't listen to a plethora of hardcore / metalcore / whatever, even today - but all I can do is encourage you to revisit it down the road instead of selling it off or retiring it for good.  It's a complex and dense listen for sure, but once the pieces begin to click I think you may be able to understand why it's such a heralded gem in its scene of music, and still frequently discussed after 15 years.

4 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

It did come across as ungrateful, didn't it

Not to the point of demanding a refund – or at least I'd hope not – but I've seen comparable gripes turn into acts of entitlement and refunds.  Splatters being more of a haze and labeled as "false advertisement", etc.  Pretty absurd.

3 hours ago, nick69 said:

but if the mock up was more accurate I would have chosen the red one. 

Rule # 1 of Jane Doe is that you stay gold.

12 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Not to the point of demanding a refund – or at least I'd hope not – but I've seen comparable gripes turn into acts of entitlement and refunds.  Splatters being more of a haze and labeled as "false advertisement", etc.  Pretty absurd.

Rule # 1 of Jane Doe is that you stay gold.

No way--it's a great look regardless; and yeah, it's always eyebrow-raising to see someone complain about "not enough splatter" in their blonk record.

Forever

Got my shipping notification on my blue hoping it's here by Friday.  As far as Converge goes I'd agree with Derek's sentiments that going through their back catalogue backwards yields brilliant results so happy that I will have both of my favourite Converge records by the end of the year.

Would have loved to get that gold, it looks swish as fuck but I'm limited to whatever EU colours Deathwish put out after the continual hiking of international shipping. Not always a bad thing though the EU Rheia and Prey were both pretty as hell and even though the Blue with smoke won't really go with the album art I'm sure it'll look nice.