CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

No way--it's a great look regardless; and yeah, it's always eyebrow-raising to see someone complain about "not enough splatter" in their blonk record.

Forever

Yeah, I think that gold turned out even better than I was expecting, to be honest.  The photos where it appears darker or more brown almost remind me of the "root beer" half of the root beer-split variant of the first press.  I'm into it.

• 1 month later...

7 minutes ago, andysrobbins said:

just got this in the mail yesterday and it's beautiful. everyone should just find an original pressing and pay whatever you have to. much better option.

How is it a better option? I can't imagine it sounds any better than the current run...and (minor personal preference) I prefer the art without text on it

17 minutes ago, andysrobbins said:

just got this in the mail yesterday and it's beautiful. everyone should just find an original pressing and pay whatever you have to. much better option.

JD%20OG_zpsjahdn22e.jpg

I see your root beer OG JD and raise you the red/orange tour version. 

8c2ece4f.jpg

;)

22 minutes ago, andysrobbins said:

JD%20OG_zpsjahdn22e.jpg

On 9/14/2016 at 1:26 PM, jbannon said:

Our version is superior in both packaging and sound. In 2001, there was little attention paid to separate vinyl masters by any label. More care and consideration goes in to all aspects now by everyone. Glad you are all into the repress. It's taken a lot of work to get this release to all of you this time around.

-J.

In regards to my above post: this is to say the original pressings all look dope, but I have no regrets about having sold my OG tour press in lieu of the new gold press if that's what Jacob has to say about the pressing quality.

Edited by shadowkid33

I can definitely see the differences between OG and the 2010 DW repress I have. The EVR jacket is super thin and wavy when opening the gatefold. luckily, it doesn't drive me insane because this is a white whale record for me. I am just glad to have it in my collection.

my favorite feature of the repress is the J, A, N, E labels in place of A, B, C, D sides. I'll never sell off myrepress for this reason alone.

2 minutes ago, shadowkid33 said:

In regards to my above post: this is to say the original pressings all look dope, but I have no regrets about having sold my OG tour press in lieu of the new gold press if that's what Jacob has to say about the pressing quality.

what did you get for the tour press?

10 minutes ago, andysrobbins said:

what did you get for the tour press?

It's the last copy that sold on discogs, $340 right before Christmas. It was definitely my most prized record, it was the second record I ever bought and I found it for $20 at a record store (that I later ended up working at) in high school before I had ANY idea what a variant even was. But I'm using the money to treat myself to a new tattoo for my birthday this weekend so it's all worth it!

Edited by shadowkid33

2 minutes ago, shadowkid33 said:

It's the last copy that sold on discogs, $340 right before Christmas. It was definitely my most prized record, it was the second record I ever bought and I found it for $20 at a record store (that I later ended up working at) in high school before I had ANY idea what a variant even was. But I'm using the money to treat myself to a new tattoo for my birthday this weekend so it's all worth it!

H O L Y. that's a big sale. good for you.

• 10 months later...
3 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I'm seeing them for the first time in late January and was wondering: will the band hang around after if I want to chat & get something signed?

Try to catch them before the show starts near the merch area. I saw them on the Axe To Fall tour and talked with Jacob for a good bit and took a photo.

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

I'm seeing them for the first time in late January and was wondering: will the band hang around after if I want to chat & get something signed?

These days I'm not sure, but back in the day Jacob used to always hang out at the merch table. He'd sit down at the edge of the stage and start talking to people as soon as their set ended. Now the shows are so my bigger, so I dunno what kind of luck you'll have. He's an incredibly nice dude though.

Also...I may hit you up to possibly grab that blue JD for me

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

These days I'm not sure, but back in the day Jacob used to always hang out at the merch table. He'd sit down at the edge of the stage and start talking to people as soon as their set ended. Now the shows are so my bigger, so I dunno what kind of luck you'll have. He's an incredibly nice dude though.

Also...I may hit you up to possibly grab that blue JD for me

The venue I'm seeing them at holds like 150-200 people and last time I was there the band just kinda stepped off the stage, so I guess I just hope something similar happens.

I can totally do that as long as they don't sell out by then...my date's the 26th. I've held off on a copy of Dusk because green is my favorite color, but I'm afraid of my luck running out.

13 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

The venue I'm seeing them at holds like 150-200 people and last time I was there the band just kinda stepped off the stage, so I guess I just hope something similar happens.

I can totally do that as long as they don't sell out by then...my date's the 26th. I've held off on a copy of Dusk because green is my favorite color, but I'm afraid of my luck running out.

You're probably in luck as far as getting stuff signed. I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but bring your own sharpie and hope it doesn't break in your pocket in the pit.

Converge usually limits their tour exclusives each night so they have some at every date. Also, the person working their merch will let you know about how many they've got left if you ask. 

• 2 weeks later...

Deathwish is doing 20% off all gift cards at the moment with the code "freemoney". Used that opportunity to pick up some stuff I was missing. Not sure how long it will last though.

On an unrelated note, did anyone who went on this tour manage to grab a blue Jane Doe? I picked up a red and I heard of others getting white, curious to know what is circulating.