CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

Pre-orders can sometimes suck and take way longer than they should but sometimes if you dont pre-order something it will sell out by the time its actually released.

I dunno, I just like securing myself a copy of something. If it takes a little longer than it should, oh well. Obviously there is a limit to how long Ill wait before I start going WTF but as long as I know whats going on and why its being delayed its not really a big deal to me.

www.sadtrombone.com

more for the rest of us! bwhahahahaha!

Does not mean i would not order after the street date kid. Just this is making me realize that pre-orders are just about pointless. I would have had no problem waiting another 2 months and just waited for the street date instead of waiting on a random day.

pre-orders: just about as pointless as this post?

all i ask is to be condescended towards in a logical and semi-humorous manner!

IS THIS SO MUCH TO ASK?!

Honestly, I really don't have this much angst in me normally. I'm actually just aggravated/bored of being in the hospital with half the skin of my left foot missing. Which also happened to be jumping/falling from a golf cart while on vacation this weekend. And yes, I know I was in a drunken hot mess.

Allison, stop being such a chick!

i bat my eyelashes at you, good sir! teehee!

all i ask is to be condescended towards in a logical and semi-humorous manner!

IS THIS SO MUCH TO ASK?!

Honestly, I really don't have this much angst in me normally. I'm actually just aggravated/bored of being in the hospital with half the skin of my left foot missing. Which also happened to be jumping/falling from a golf cart while on vacation this weekend. And yes, I know I was in a drunken hot mess.

you can still start posts directed at me with 'now lookie here girly girl!'

being the token girl here at the moment, i shall take it upon myself to do the girly thing and kiss your skinless foot and make it better. ...from far, far, far away. very far.

Ive always called people "kid" though. I mean ill keep the girly thing on file or something though. lol yeah its pretty infected, do it from far away.

yeesh. always remember: practice golf cart safety!

at least you now have the opportunity to catch up on all your daytime television viewing?

dudes on VC need to start getting laid or something... or at least tug one out to lower the frustration level.... everyone here who ordered a copy of jane doe has the music already.....right? so basically you're freaking out about a record you are going to stick in a sleeve and put on a shelf, or in most cases flip on ebay. Calm down, go outside, and enjoy a nice summer's day... DW is a very reputable label, and i highly doubt they're screwing anyone... they're probably just as upset about this (and probably moreso) than you...

running an indie label is really tough work.. cut these dudes some slack.

Ive always called people "kid" though. I mean ill keep the girly thing on file or something though. lol yeah its pretty infected, do it from far away.

yeesh. always remember: practice golf cart safety!

at least you now have the opportunity to catch up on all your daytime television viewing?

There were actually 6 of us on the 2 seat golf cart -_- We were driving on a gravel terrain and I lost my footing on the back of the cart. The back tire got a hold of my left foot and proceeded to grind my foot with the gravel. Ate right through my shoe and sock. Rushed to the hospital. Had to have my foot cleaned. Now I need to heal this infection and then I need to have a skin graph. Great vacation :)

i plan on spinning the fuck outta this thing..

im just really excited to see the whole package, 28 page booklet etc. i dont give two hoots about the delay really, i'm well aware that fuckups happen and you cant really do anything about it apart from get over it and wait.

plus, i know that deathwish doesnt fuck people over.

dudes on VC need to start getting laid or something... or at least tug one out to lower the frustration level.... everyone here who ordered a copy of jane doe has the music already.....right? so basically you're freaking out about a record you are going to stick in a sleeve and put on a shelf, or in most cases flip on ebay. Calm down, go outside, and enjoy a nice summer's day... DW is a very reputable label, and i highly doubt they're screwing anyone... they're probably just as upset about this (and probably moreso) than you...

Normally when I read these threads it's about a band I could care less about, by a label I could care less about and filled with whining by people I could care less about it. This time is a little different.

It really bums me out that people act the way they do because a record doesn't come out exactly when it was said it would. I almost wish at this point Deathwish would cancel the pre-order and refund everyone and let all of you try and track down an original copy. Even then you would all complain. How often does Deathwish let you down? How often do their releases get pushed back to the point you feel like you might geniunely get screwed over? I really feel like this label is getting a lot of frustration laid on them that has nothing to do with them but instead is coming from previous or current frustrations with other labels and their pre orders.

The record is coming out. Deathwish is not out to fuck you over. I find it hard to believe that there are that many people that desperately need that $22 in their lives right now. $22 bucks man. Fuck, it's not like it's an expensive record. You're order is placed and that record will be showing up to you, now all you have to do is relax and wait. You have the songs as already mentioned.

I just don't understand how people act. It all seems so ridiculous to me that this is even an issue. Don't you guys have girlfriends or husbands or wives or families or jobs? Is this record the most important thing going on in your life right now?

I ordered 11 copies of this thing. 3 for myself and the rest are all for friends, some on this board and some not. Some were working at the drop and some just couldn't swing it. Not one single person has complained about this to me. Those that are board members know whats going on and that's that. The ones that aren't as nerdy as us haven't even asked for an update from me. All of those people not only have to wait until DW ships them to me but then have to wait for me to ship those records out to them! Yet still, no one is complaining.

I also think it should be made public who ends up flipping their copy on ebay and was in this thread bitching like an asshole about it. Like they actually gave a fuck about the record.

That's it. Sorry for ranting. Continue the nonsense.

On the flip side of the coin I do understand this is a very important record to a lot of people that have been waiting a long time to get their hands on it. I understand the passion people have for this record. I get all of that. I just feel like Deathwish's track record speaks for itself and that certainly should be taken into consideration before jumping down their throats about something like this.

Normally when I read these threads it's about a band I could care less about, by a label I could care less about and filled with whining by people I could care less about it. This time is a little different.

It really bums me out that people act the way they do because a record doesn't come out exactly when it was said it would. I almost wish at this point Deathwish would cancel the pre-order and refund everyone and let all of you try and track down an original copy. Even then you would all complain. How often does Deathwish let you down? How often do their releases get pushed back to the point you feel like you might geniunely get screwed over? I really feel like this label is getting a lot of frustration laid on them that has nothing to do with them but instead is coming from previous or current frustrations with other labels and their pre orders.

The record is coming out. Deathwish is not out to fuck you over. I find it hard to believe that there are that many people that desperately need that $22 in their lives right now. $22 bucks man. Fuck, it's not like it's an expensive record. You're order is placed and that record will be showing up to you, now all you have to do is relax and wait. You have the songs as already mentioned.

I just don't understand how people act. It all seems so ridiculous to me that this is even an issue. Don't you guys have girlfriends or husbands or wives or families or jobs? Is this record the most important thing going on in your life right now?

I ordered 11 copies of this thing. 3 for myself and the rest are all for friends, some on this board and some not. Some were working at the drop and some just couldn't swing it. Not one single person has complained about this to me. Those that are board members know whats going on and that's that. The ones that aren't as nerdy as us haven't even asked for an update from me. All of those people not only have to wait until DW ships them to me but then have to wait for me to ship those records out to them! Yet still, no one is complaining.

I also think it should be made public who ends up flipping their copy on ebay and was in this thread bitching like an asshole about it. Like they actually gave a fuck about the record.

That's it. Sorry for ranting. Continue the nonsense.

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!