CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

same here, since the 10th

haha, mine is too.

for whats its worth, its doubtful that they are actually "stuck" there -- unless you paid for priority shipping in which you might want to be concerned. they likely left 3 days ago and simply havent hit their next destination or your local PO that processes incoming mail. plus, DC is just that - delivery confirmation. not tracking. ive had things ship and i get a shipping notification and it doesnt scan in anywhere until it reached my doorstep (which is the only time the USPS is actually required to scan the package). maybe youre all already aware of this, but if not.

I don't want my /440 Clear Gold copy - someone PM me to buy it from me or trade something for it

Im sure you'll find someone...somewhere...someday.

Again:

I have an extra white and an extra red.

I would love to trade for a gold. THANKS!

If I get anything other than a white, would someone with a white be up for a trade?

ok so everyone waiting on me to get your copies, they were supposed to be delivered today so i went to pick them up where I get my mail sent. They left a note because apparently it needed signature confirmation(?). So now I have to trek all the way out there again tomorrow and pick them up from the post office. I have a list of everyone who needed me to grab them one but this is a lot easier then sending individual Pm's. Everything should be packed and sent tomorrow.

Also my new dog walks while he poops. Is that normal?

that mental image is too much. rofl

well hopefully the people who's says they're still processing in new jersey get theirs tomorrow

probably depends on where you live. if youre a west coaster, you may be waiting till monday. i tend to get a lot of stuff shipped media mail from the east coast on mondays.

im stuck till monday either way because i had my copies shipped via UPS. normally i spring for priority with deathwish but 3 copies of this record shipped priority was crazy expensive (as in like $25). im anxious to see what i get so it kind of sucks but itll give me something to look forward to on a monday (which ALWAYS suck).

This is not a jab toward Tre or Deathwish, but I promise you, the record collecting craze will die down very soon and anyone looking to sell their limited rare colors will be sad to hear that they aren't worth anything.

I've seen it with comics, action figures, beanie babies, and every other collecting hobby that introduced small variants that fans went crazy over. My rare variant spawn figure is worth all of $1 nowadays (hypothetical, but I do remember seeing tons of McFarlane toys worth $50-$60 each just a few years ago and now they're worth nothing). If you're into collecting variations because they'll be worth something down the road, either flip it ASAP or don't bother.

This is not a jab toward Tre or Deathwish, but I promise you, the record collecting craze will die down very soon and anyone looking to sell their limited rare colors will be sad to hear that they aren't worth anything.

I've seen it with comics, action figures, beanie babies, and every other collecting hobby that introduced small variants that fans went crazy over. My rare variant spawn figure is worth all of $1 nowadays (hypothetical, but I do remember seeing tons of McFarlane toys worth $50-$60 each just a few years ago and now they're worth nothing). If you're into collecting variations because they'll be worth something down the road, either flip it ASAP or don't bother.

lol

So after 30 years of record collecting as an integral part of hardcore/punk, it will all of a sudden collapse in 2010. Right. Where are your sources for such a statement like that? This is music, not fucking toys.

My cool spawn dolls used to be worth $50, now theyre worth nothing. blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah. therefore, all records will also be worth nothing someday.

So after 30 years of record collecting as an integral part of hardcore/punk, it will all of a sudden collapse in 2010. Right. Where are your sources for such a statement like that? This is music, not fucking toys.

Where did I say that the production of records will cease to exist? I said the current demand for variants won't be as big as it is now. I never said record collecting will collapse. You have to admit that having 5-6 different colors of a single album is similar to multiple comic covers (which have *gasp* been around for longer than vinyl!). Those "super rare limited" comics from the 90s are worth nothing now.

Also, saying "it's music" isn't a comparable analogy. I didn't say music was going to collapse - there will always be music in the form of CDs, MP3s, and Vinyl. I said the "record collecting craze where people try and collect 8 of the same album won't be as popular".

Edit: You're all blind to think that record collecting hasn't become a cool popular trend nowadays, you can find dozens of articles showing that theres a resurgence in vinyl sales: http://www.lsureveille.com/entertainment/vinyl-records-seeing-resurgence-in-popularity-1.2158692

I have a question for the people who bought this record. Is this your favorite Converge album? If not, which album is?

I keep reading so much shit about the whole release in general, but not many posts about the album itself. I mean, I know the album is almost 10 years old and there has already been so much said about it already, but I'm getting a little tired of reading all the posts bitching about one thing or another.

I only ask because I was just listening to You Fail Me, and the more I listen to that album, the more I like it. I was really disappointed with it when it came out, but it grows on me with each listen. Plus, the best Converge show I've seen was right before You Fail Me came out. My friend and I drove from Toronto to Allston, MA and back in the same day to see the show at the ICC Church. I ended up missing the encore (Concubine + something else I can't remember) because I was in the bathroom puking because it was so goddamned hot. While I was puking, someone tried to come into the stall that I was in because he needed to barf also. That was probably the hottest show I have ever been to. If I remember correctly, Jake also puked, but on-stage, haha. One of my top 10 shows of all time, despite The Explosion also being on the bill.

Axe to Fall is actually my favorite record. It's their most cohesive, varied, and mature album to date. I love the shit out of Jane Doe, but I think AtF reaches heights that I've always wanted from this band, even though I've loved them since I got You Fail Me when it first came out (on vinyl of course). I'm just stoked to finally have this fucker on vinyl after passing up on it in 2004 for $15 when I first got into the band (and buying records). I don't give a fuck what color I get, and the only reason I bought two copies is because chances are in favor of me spilling a beer on one of them.

I've always been completely on the fence with deciding my favorite Converge album because they're all pretty solid to me.

Jane has always been somewhere near the top though. For me it's probably something like

Jane Doe > You Fail Me > No Heroes > Axe To Fall > Petitioning Forever > Unloved And Weeded Out

Even still I'm not totally sure this is it, really hard choices to make for me.

Right now You Fail Me and No Heroes are pretty interchangeable.