CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

Converge - jane doe is the new in the red.

lol

Not until someone goes crazy and starts e-stalking Tre and asking where Jane Doe is in every thread.

not really, because see, technical snags are a little different than posting a preorder for a record a year ago, and then sending it off to the pressing plant a year later (or whenever it was, doesnt really matter) behind two other "projects."

I wish labels wouldn't start accepting money for preorders until the necessary parts have been sent to the plant. This isn't just directed at DW, but all labels that accept preorders.

Not common practice here.

This was a special set of circumstances, and when we put everything into (final) motion we had a "guarantee" in place... Which I know isn't something that we should have ever relied on, but we did, and we are paying for it now.

I wish labels wouldn't start accepting money for preorders until the necessary parts have been sent to the plant. This isn't just directed at DW, but all labels that accept preorders.

Not common practice here.

This was a special set of circumstances, and when we put everything into (final) motion we had a "guarantee" in place... Which I know isn't something that we should have ever relied on, but we did, and we are paying for it now.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait :)

Guess you've never bought a new car before.
I haven't, but you can also buy a new car that does exist and is on the lot.

I don't see the logic in pre-orders anyway. People race to buy the pre-order. How is that different than people racing to buy the actual record? Save everyone the bitching and yourself the explanations of delays by not posting anything til they show up on your doorstep.

If you're posting a preorder to fund the release itself, then I think that's just poor business practice.

Then what's the point of doing a preorder for something crazy limited that sells out?

The best releases are ones like the Death Cab's where they just show up, you order them, and no one knows how many there are. Or anything on Constellation where they just continuously sell and press them, never with a preorder.

What's the big deal? Most of you are going to get the record in the mail, look at it, put it on a shelf and never see it again. That or you'll throw it up on Ebay right away. There are probably two people on this entire board who are just dying to throw that thing on their record player and listen to it over and over. If you just can't wait I'll rip you a great copy of mine so you can climb down off people's nuts for a hot minute.

What's the big deal? Most of you are going to get the record in the mail, look at it, put it on a shelf and never see it again. That or you'll throw it up on Ebay right away. There are probably two people on this entire board who are just dying to throw that thing on their record player and listen to it over and over. If you just can't wait I'll rip you a great copy of mine so you can climb down off people's nuts for a hot minute.

i'm one of the ones who just wants to spin it, i've missed losing a ton of jane doe OGs on ebay before the re-press went up. i never understood buying a record you're not going to listen to.

Hey boys and girls! -- The word of the day is condescending.

Assumptions sure are fun.

Can't speak for everyone, but Jane Doe is the last Converge album that I'm absolutely crazy about, that I don't own on vinyl. I've been holding off for ages on grabbing a copy from eBay, in hopes that it would eventually get repressed. And when it did, I pre-ordered one copy for personal use and enjoyment. Fuck flipping a repress.

I just want need to hear this record on wax. I'm in the boat of people who aren't phased by the delay, for what it's worth. Regardless of whether records are released on time or delayed, people need to realize that complaining about it accomplishes nothing. Until someone invents a time-machine that's fueled solely off of bitching, that is.

Regardless of whether records are released on time or delayed, people need to realize that complaining about it accomplishes nothing. Until someone invents a time-machine that's fueled solely off of bitching, that is.

Nicely put! ;D

But hey...it's every person's god-given right to complain about anything and everything, so it will continue to happen.

And then you have those of us who complain about others complaining...it's a vicious cycle.

Hey boys and girls! -- The word of the day is condescending.

Assumptions sure are fun.

Can't speak for everyone, but Jane Doe is the last Converge album that I'm absolutely crazy about, that I don't own on vinyl. I've been holding off for ages on grabbing a copy from eBay, in hopes that it would eventually get repressed. And when it did, I pre-ordered one copy for personal use and enjoyment. Fuck flipping a repress.

I just want need to hear this record on wax. I'm in the boat of people who aren't phased by the delay, for what it's worth. Regardless of whether records are released on time or delayed, people need to realize that complaining about it accomplishes nothing. Until someone invents a time-machine that's fueled solely off of bitching, that is.

and now, we have identified both of the two people he was referring to who solely want to listen to this record.