CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

I assume that's what DW uses for non-US shipping now. I've tried it a few times with them lately. But here packages shipped by whatever method postclubusa is, arrive via GLS instead of the regular postal service, which makes it quite difficult to get a hold of it, if you're not at home when they drop by.

Also, the shipping time is much longer. Regular airmail will usually get to me overseas in 4-6 days, but this method takes weeks - and the tracking information I'm able to access is always inaccurate and out of date = no advantage at all.

So, dear DW - please return to regular first class airmail.

I am not sure what GLS is, but let me just explain our deal here with Post Club.

The main issue that we have come into is that be regular USPS is completely untraceable, and we have constant, I repeat, CONSTANT issues with customer orders being held up in foreign customs. The orders come into customs, and basically sit there for some period of time, and come back to us. Though we had an automated system for sending off emails with the customs # on them, this is actually useless in most cases because if the USPS decides to not scan the package when it comes in, the # is not entered into the system. And this is what happens in pretty much all cases. There really isn't anything we can do to get the USPS to do this. They just don't. (This takes place at the depot, not at a local post office. We can't drop mail off at the local post office, we have to bring them to the hub / depot) Since the customs # is not ever scanned by the USPS at drop off, the # that the customer would get give them NO information. Meaning that they would not know that their package is being held at customs. So unless they get a notification from customs (which apparently often times doesn't happen), the package sits there for some period of time, I feel like it's about 60 days, and gets sent back to us. Often times, we have to pay for the return postage also.

We have had a small amount of complaints about Post Club. I am not sure what country you live in, but overall, we get far far far fewer complaints now that we are using them, as opposed to shipping thru the USPS. Regardless of what service we use, there WILL be issues from time to time, no matter what we do, no matter who we use, no matter anything. The difference for us is that with Post Club, when there is an issue, we are actually able to do something about it, and have a resolution. This is not at all possible with the USPS, we basically have to just sit and wait.

Thanks for the clarification. I reside in Denmark. This is GLS who end up handling it:

http://www.gls-group.eu/

The DW packages I've gotten lately have been stickered with GLS labels when I receive them. They are a privately driven parcel delivery service (with main seat in Holland, I think), as opposed to the regular postal service here.

At most the Post Club tracking tells me (a handful of days late) when the package has cleared customs and entered the country...then nothing.

I am well aware that countries like Italy or Spain can be troublesome, when it comes to handling mail, so I understand the case from your point of view.

I assume that's what DW uses for non-US shipping now. I've tried it a few times with them lately. But here packages shipped by whatever method postclubusa is, arrive via GLS instead of the regular postal service, which makes it quite difficult to get a hold of it, if you're not at home when they drop by.

Also, the shipping time is much longer. Regular airmail will usually get to me overseas in 4-6 days, but this method takes weeks - and the tracking information I'm able to access is always inaccurate and out of date = no advantage at all.

So, dear DW - please return to regular first class airmail.

I am not sure what GLS is, but let me just explain our deal here with Post Club.

The main issue that we have come into is that be regular USPS is completely untraceable, and we have constant, I repeat, CONSTANT issues with customer orders being held up in foreign customs. The orders come into customs, and basically sit there for some period of time, and come back to us. Though we had an automated system for sending off emails with the customs # on them, this is actually useless in most cases because if the USPS decides to not scan the package when it comes in, the # is not entered into the system. And this is what happens in pretty much all cases. There really isn't anything we can do to get the USPS to do this. They just don't. (This takes place at the depot, not at a local post office. We can't drop mail off at the local post office, we have to bring them to the hub / depot) Since the customs # is not ever scanned by the USPS at drop off, the # that the customer would get give them NO information. Meaning that they would not know that their package is being held at customs. So unless they get a notification from customs (which apparently often times doesn't happen), the package sits there for some period of time, I feel like it's about 60 days, and gets sent back to us. Often times, we have to pay for the return postage also.

We have had a small amount of complaints about Post Club. I am not sure what country you live in, but overall, we get far far far fewer complaints now that we are using them, as opposed to shipping thru the USPS. Regardless of what service we use, there WILL be issues from time to time, no matter what we do, no matter who we use, no matter anything. The difference for us is that with Post Club, when there is an issue, we are actually able to do something about it, and have a resolution. This is not at all possible with the USPS, we basically have to just sit and wait.

Thanks a lot for clarifying, Tre. I have another question concerning my Deathwish order: My clothing order is currently in transit to my cozy Canuck home, but I haven't received confirmation on my Jane Doe LP/T-shirt bundle yet. I don't mind waiting it out if it hasn't been sent yet, but would it be a longshot to assume that my pre-order will have shipped with my clothing order? If this is why I never received confirmation of shipping on JD, that would be far beyond awesome. But like I said, if I have to wait, I'll still be a happy camper. Thanks!

Also, I just placed an order through the EV webstore to get this on green wax (I couldn't evade the temptation to have a limited press any longer). Can anyone tell me why the hell this would be going for $100 on ebay already?! Acted as further incitement to get it legitimately without regretting paying ridiculous amounts to flippers in the future.

USPS can suck it. Except for my mail lady, who takes very good care of my records. The system over there is so inferior to everything else. It's exactly the kind of shit you can expect from any government-run program. No accountability and shitty, slow service. And they do make pretty damn good money to boot.

International ordering times are always gamble.

NEVER go on past experiences as insight into how long something will take.

If it doesn't get to you, it will come back to us eventually.

Regardless, patience will be tested, but you will always be taken care of.

Phil, glad you are digging the new service.

Thanks guys.

-J.

Thanks a lot for clarifying, Tre. I have another question concerning my Deathwish order: My clothing order is currently in transit to my cozy Canuck home, but I haven't received confirmation on my Jane Doe LP/T-shirt bundle yet. I don't mind waiting it out if it hasn't been sent yet, but would it be a longshot to assume that my pre-order will have shipped with my clothing order? If this is why I never received confirmation of shipping on JD, that would be far beyond awesome. But like I said, if I have to wait, I'll still be a happy camper. Thanks!

Also, I just placed an order through the EV webstore to get this on green wax (I couldn't evade the temptation to have a limited press any longer). Can anyone tell me why the hell this would be going for $100 on ebay already?! Acted as further incitement to get it legitimately without regretting paying ridiculous amounts to flippers in the future.

There have been a few issues with certain mail servers having an issue with our servers, leading to emails not going where they are supposed to. This might be the reason why you are not getting emails. There is also human error, if an incorrect email was put into the email field, obviously this will cause a problem.

It's an automated system. The email that you put in with your order, gets sent an email telling you that it has shipped. We don't actually control it. So if you are not getting it, there is some technical reason.

Blame the computerz.

Finally got my confirmation from DW today, WAY STOKED. I didn't manage to place my order until I think May 12th or something like that so if anyone is still waiting on their confirmation from DW, I'd imagine they should get it soon since I'm probably one of the latest people on here to order.