CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

14 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Methinks the same...but will hold out for a bit as have some urgent bills to pay for first and foremost.

Considering that i'm a few pieces short of a full collection(minus test presses) I had to buy them. The European variant was a little expensive(28 Euro plus 12 Euro shipping to US), but all Converge records are worth it to me no matter the cost.

1 minute ago, shadowkid33 said:

That yellow looks dope af. I've never listened to and of the DW presses because I have the Equal Vision Red/Orange split press. Can anyone who has both comment on the sound quality of one press over the other?

Our version is superior in both packaging and sound. In 2001, there was little attention paid to separate vinyl masters by any label. More care and consideration goes in to all aspects now by everyone. Glad you are all into the repress. It's taken a lot of work to get this release to all of you this time around.

-J.

1 minute ago, jbannon said:

Our version is superior in both packaging and sound. In 2001, there was little attention paid to separate vinyl masters by any label. More care and consideration goes in to all aspects now by everyone. Glad you are all into the repress. It's taken a lot of work to get this release to all of you this time around.

-J.

Very cool, if the master that the new press is cut from is better then I'll definitely pick up one of the new copies! Thanks Mr. Bannon! 

3 minutes ago, deer said:

Can't decide if I want to buy the gold w/black smoke variant or not. I already own one of the variants from the first DW repress, and I rarely buy duplicates, but this is Converge (and Jane Doe) we're talking about. Going to lose the opportunity fairly soon, too, ahh. Help.

Do it. It was between the gold and the red from the KRM store for me. The gold matches the artwork perfectly though.

Edited by lostindefeat

4 minutes ago, jbannon said:

None planned, thanks.

thanks for the heads up.

went to grab a gold and got this:

The Merchant Notification Email could not be sent at this time. The following error was encountered: 5.4.5 Daily user sending quota exceeded. d141sm3091914ywh.15 - gsmtp
The Customer Order Confirmation Email could not be sent at this time. The following error was encountered: 5.4.5 Daily user sending quota exceeded. o14sm3099302ywd.3 - gsmtp

but I also got a paypal email, so hopefully its ok.  I'll have to hit up their customer service.

10 minutes ago, Getmad24_7 said:

thanks for the heads up.

went to grab a gold and got this:

The Merchant Notification Email could not be sent at this time. The following error was encountered: 5.4.5 Daily user sending quota exceeded. d141sm3091914ywh.15 - gsmtp
The Customer Order Confirmation Email could not be sent at this time. The following error was encountered: 5.4.5 Daily user sending quota exceeded. o14sm3099302ywd.3 - gsmtp

but I also got a paypal email, so hopefully its ok.  I'll have to hit up their customer service.

email us at [email protected] with your name/order number and we'll double check for you

I still have a gold, green, red, and white edition from the 2010 press. Had always meant to grab the black that came out some months later but I do have a black original also. I would say that my original has a very intense mid range bump overall from what the remaster sounds like. I like both masters.