CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Damn. Sold out from DW already?!?!...Good on them!

I snoozed...I lost... :mellow:

I took a mid-school-day nap and woke up and it was gone. LITERALLY snoozed and lost, haha. I'll keep my eyes open on the site until class at 4 and maybe more will show up.

Edited by shadowkid33

2 hours ago, jbannon said:

Our version is superior in both packaging and sound. In 2001, there was little attention paid to separate vinyl masters by any label. More care and consideration goes in to all aspects now by everyone. Glad you are all into the repress. It's taken a lot of work to get this release to all of you this time around.

-J.

as in superior to the latest repress (blue/clear w/ smoke) or since the original pressing?  

18 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I own a copy already and don't see a personal need to get another. Gold looked cool but it isn't worth ~$30 if I'm gonna have two.

Well I spoke too soon because as soon as they went back up I impulsively ordered one. I'll just sell my blue for enough to break even,

The Merchant Notification Email could not be sent at this time. The following error was encountered: 5.4.5 Daily user sending quota exceeded. p192sm3088789ywe.40 - gsmtp
The Customer Order Confirmation Email could not be sent at this time. The following error was encountered: 5.4.5 Daily user sending quota exceeded. y17sm3070002ywy.55 - gsmtp

15 minutes ago, jbannon said:

Available again!

5 minutes ago, CrimsonLies said:

The Merchant Notification Email could not be sent at this time. The following error was encountered: 5.4.5 Daily user sending quota exceeded. p192sm3088789ywe.40 - gsmtp
The Customer Order Confirmation Email could not be sent at this time. The following error was encountered: 5.4.5 Daily user sending quota exceeded. y17sm3070002ywy.55 - gsmtp

got one, but also got the message too. it still gives us an invoice number, so should be good to go?

I initially thought my JD run was going to end with this repress, but I caved and bought that Deathwish exclusive when it popped back up.  I figured I've come this far – no sense in turning back or giving up now.

All of the variants do look pretty slick with this latest batch.  I'll eventually get around to the others, but for now I think I'll just stay gold.

8 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I thinks that Derek and I and plenty other CONVERGE fans feel this way today... 

tumblr_mtrfhhEu9l1sj3oxho1_500.gif

...in a good way. 

:D

Amnstypls' Converge collection is a force to be reckoned with, and dwarfs mine.  I'm sure he's already sunk the $120+ into today's represses.  I've been slacking on ATF and AWLWLB, but this is Jane Doe.  Necessary.

6 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Same, on both accounts. Never really heard this, or do I really like screamy vocals, but I feel like I should own this for some reason.

You really should.  In the process of verifying my order today, I checked my order history at Deathwish and realized that the initial repress of JD was my very first order on their site.  April 1st, 2011.  Much like you, I hadn't heard the album, nor was I overly familiar with the band (outside of an album or two, at that time), but I still felt compelled to check it out.  It's since opened a lot of doors for me, musically, and remains an unwavering favorite.  Can't imagine how rooted it must feel to those who've been listening to it since 2001.