Portugal. The Man signs to Atlantic Records

since it was posted on April 2 i don't think it's an April Fools joke.

good move for them, i just wonder how it will affect their stuff getting pressed on vinyl. don't care if there are multiple variants are anything so long as their stuff keeps getting pressed on vinyl. major labels tend to either press a shitload or not press an album at all, i hope the later doesn't happen here. since the band seems to have a passion for vinyl, i hope they worked it out in their contract that Atlantic will press anything and everything they release through them.

Guest adam526
since it was posted on April 2 i don't think it's an April Fools joke.

good move for them, i just wonder how it will affect their stuff getting pressed on vinyl. don't care if there are multiple variants are anything so long as their stuff keeps getting pressed on vinyl. major labels tend to either press a shitload or not press an album at all, i hope the later doesn't happen here. since the band seems to have a passion for vinyl, i hope they worked it out in their contract that Atlantic will press anything and everything they release through them.

As far as vinyl goes, I know they're not going to NOT press stuff. I think it's going to be like Circa's new album, just a fuckload of copies. And with Atlantic said copies will hit a lot more stores, which is great.

About two months ago I was at dinner with John while he was in LA as he was meeting with Atlantic for the ump-teenth time, and from what he's told me Atlantic is really fucking cool. They weren't approached by some normal scout, the CEO contacted them because he loved their music.

There were some really great aspects of this deal that John told me about, but I think I'll leave it be for now because I think he's planning on posting another lengthy blog about it.