New Vinyl Collective Collector of the Month

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

Oakland Childers is our latest Vinyl collective Collector of the Month. Read about him on the VC site at this link:

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2007/06/22/vinyl-collective-collector-of-the-month-oakland-childers/

Thanks Oakalnd for your support!

Stay tuned for future editions of the Vinyl Collector of the Month which may happen more often than one a month.

i haven't know him as personally but his collection (on his shelves)...is awesome.

thanks for make this vinyl collector society look so warm,Virgil.

i hope you will interview some musicians who love to collect vinyl like Silverstein's guy,Chad Gilbert (New Found Glory),The Explosion (R.I.P.)'s guy....i know these form Alternative Press's vinyl collector issue....that out last year.

will keep my eyes on....

because of the way the loft is built, it's impossible to get a good photo of the entire thing. Basically, when you walk in the front door of my house, there is a steel spiral staircase going up to a loft that is about 6 feet deep and 25 feet long. The shelves were specifically made to flow with the curve of the roof, both from front to back and side to side. It's hard to explain, but it basically looks like the kind of elevated library you'd see in a really nice home, only it's in my 1000 sq. ft. cottage. The shelving is made of melamine, but the fronts are all made from quarter-sawn oak. My dad, who made doors and windows, and stuff like that for mansions (even some movie stars), built them at his home in Delaware and then brought them out here. It was a long, laborious process (just getting the cabinets up in the loft was a chore), but I'm super stoked with the result. My dad is awesome. He's also giving me his record collection. You can't beat that.

i haven't know him as personally but his collection (on his shelves)...is awesome.

thanks for make this vinyl collector society look so warm,Virgil.

i hope you will interview some musicians who love to collect vinyl like Silverstein's guy,Chad Gilbert (New Found Glory),The Explosion (R.I.P.)'s guy....i know these form Alternative Press's vinyl collector issue....that out last year.

will keep my eyes on....

what issue is that?

Guest Admin

yes, I have already sent Conoley my questions. I actually will be posting his once he gets it to me since I have gone a few months since posting a collector of the month.

thanks for the suggestion.

• 10 years later...