The National - High Violet (limited color)

My European (solid colour) pressing isn't numbered.

I was under the impression that both the US & Euro coloured pressings were under 2000, but evidence suggests otherwise.

Yeah, apparently there is a lot of confusion with the Euro press because some have the sticker that says it's the violet color...and then they end up not being.

Also, as I've said I heard it was out of 2000 originally (the limited US violet one), but I've recently heard 5000. I also think on The National forum I saw someone had one that was stamped over 2000, like 2296 or something. Maybe 5000 is the total worldwide number or colored even though they vary?

As I said though, I'll be checking a local shop that wasn't on the map to see if they get a limited edition. If Beggars only sold 300, and there are more than 2000 a lot of stores could potentially get at least a copy in addition to the named places.

Anyone know if their store has extra colored copies around or where I can get violet online?

Um, they seem to be pretty well gone. You could go to the High Violet page's map and call around to some of the stores listed...but beyond that they're already going for double retail on Ebay (with at least 2000 violet pressed no less).

Also, to the people saying the pressing sounds bad...I'd have to agree it's not the record. You may want to look at your needle. Also, the band recorded this in a studio they built and have said they focused on texture/mood within the music versus sonic clarity. In other words, they said they sometimes compressed too much and did things like record the drum set with one or two mics instead of maybe closer to the usual (around 10). So that's something...but the record still sounds amazingly good to my ear, so don't know about those comments. ::)

My record store (Sonic Boom in Ballard, WA) had quite a few copies, but I got there when they opened. No ticket in my or my girlfriends copy. I got #1532 and #1533. The vinyl I got looks more blue and has marbling but this is definitely awesome packaging.

Yeah, it is a very deep purple/blue and mine has some red and pink marbling like you said. The UK colored version is not translucent and almost identical to the purple on the packaging. I'll post a picture when mine shows up from overseas.

My record store (Sonic Boom in Ballard, WA) had quite a few copies, but I got there when they opened. No ticket in my or my girlfriends copy. I got #1532 and #1533. The vinyl I got looks more blue and has marbling but this is definitely awesome packaging.
Cool. We just moved from Washington and I'm bummed to be without Sonic Boom. I emailed them about this release, as they do online orders and was told that they have been shipping color copies out but that they are going fast. I ordered one. Hopefully it's color!

Just got my shipping confirmation. Sonic Boom is sending me a colored copy! Head on over and try and get one if you haven't already.

http://www.sonicboomrecords.com/

Here's "Afraid Of Everyone" on Letterman featuring Sufjan Stevens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CRPz3kvou0&hl=en&fs=1

This album is incredible.

Guest markovianprocess

I feel silly asking, but whereabouts are these numbered? I've got the purple Euro press and I can't seem to find a number on it anywhere.