BRIEFS FANS: CUTE LEPERS 7"S IN NOW!

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the second pressing of the Steve E. Nix and The Cute Lepers 7"s are in stock and shipping now! If you pre-ordered this you should be seeing it shortly.

For those of you who don't know what the deal is with this: The Cute Lepers are essentially Chris and the two Steve's from The Briefs' new band. Pretty similar style but with more of a Power Pop feel to it. They're currently touring the west coast with The Horrorpops. If you want to check them out you can take a listen over at their myspace http://www.myspace.com/thecutelepers. This record features the songs "Terminal Boredom" and "Prove It".

We did 200 copies on Green vinyl and 800 on Black and the covers are slightly different than the first press. If you'd like to order you can do so by heading to the following links

GREEN VINYL

BLACK VINYL

And if you're on the West Coast you can go see them at the following shows!

Aug 28 2007 STUDIO 99 Bakersfield, California

Aug 29 2007 ALPINE Ventura, California

Aug 30 2007 DOWNTOWN BREW San Luis Obispo, California

Aug 31 2007 SLIMS San Francisco, California

Sep 1 2007 HAWTHORNE THEATRE Portland, Oregon

Sep 2 2007 Medford, Oregon

Sep 4 2007 DOMINO ROOM Bend, Oregon

Sep 5 2007 THE BOARDWALK Sacremanto (Orangevale), CA

Sep 6 2007 VETS HALL Santa Cruz, California

Sep 7 2007 HOUSE OF BLUES Los Angeles, California

Sep 8 2007 SOMA San Diego, California

Sep 9 2007 HOUSE OF BLUES Anaheim, California

[image]

Here's a couple of reviews as well

NO FRONT TEETH: - So, the debut 7" from Steve E. Nix's new project is here and just how necessary this piece of wax is, is unbelievable. "Terminal Boredom" is a mind-blower that spews the power pop perfection of TEENAGE HEAD, THE PROFESSIONALS and THE BOYS combined, yes it's on a par with that. This is one talented leper colony right here. The B-Side "Prove It" is a slower paced power pop gem with a strong rock 'n' roll edge. Fans of the BRIEFS will certainly cream their pants over this and of course there are similarities with Steve singing and playing guitar and that's a great thing, but THE CUTE LEPERS are by no-means another BRIEFS, their sound is much more power-pop based and stripped-down. I've had the privilege of hearing the CUTE LEPERS full-length and oh my, this is something to get very excited about. NFT will be releasing their second 7" so get ready for that one too. This is all absolutely obligatory listening/owning.

PUNKNEWS.ORG: - I can’t decide whether to be upset that the Briefs are taking time off, or piss myself with glee that Briefs guitarist Steve E. Nix has provided another outlet with which to kick ass in the Cute Lepers.

I don’t have any idea how or why it took seven people to comprise the Cute Lepers, but I’m not going to complain because they rule anyway. The two songs on the Cute Lepers 7-inch offer a delicious taste of what’s to come, and depending on how cheap you are, come on black, white, blue, and clear vinyl.

Did you mean Cote Lovers? Your search did not match any results. Browse to see everything in the iTunes store. Oh yeah, it’s also not online for you corporate MP3 kids.

Side A belongs to “Terminal Boredom,” a tune that clearly bears the mark of the Briefs with a rock and roll inflection of handclaps, catchy repetition, pounding piano chords, and crass, youthful lyrics: "My head’s clean / The goo is on my sheets." All things considered, one of the best punk songs this year.

“Prove It” owns side B, with an `80s-dance-meets-Rolling-Stones vibe that somehow works under the musical genius of Nix. A jagged guitar lick carries the verse that builds into a nonsensical chorus that remains catchy even if I don’t entirely understand it: "Silly proof / It never fails / To prove that the world just don’t care / Silly proof but it’s a fact / Someday you’re gonna need the strength you lack." If there was ever a song that actually sounded right being faded out, “Prove It” is that song, as the sound drowns out with Nix whispering “Bang bang!”.

So after listening to the Cute Lepers numerous times, I’ve decided to let my beloved Briefs rest as long as I can still get my fill of power-pop-punk from Steve E. Nix and co. “Terminal Boredom” and “Prove It” will fit in with any music fan’s collection, and are a must for all Briefs addicts out there. (GlassPipeMurder)