NO IDEA GAS ANT

Why get mad at someone for starting to collect vinyl?

Just cause someone signed up recently for the board, doesnt mean they just started collecting and it shouldnt matter anyways if they did. We arent the only ones who buy vinyl and we all had to start somewhere. I do notice a ton of new people buying vinyl tho and I think thats cause of all the Brand New and Blink-182 vinyl that has been pressed recently. I dont think thats a bad thing tho. The more people who buy vinyl, the more titles that will get pressed.

If you got colored vinyl then good for you and if you missed out then tough shit. Thats how it goes.

Id be bummed too if I missed out on all the colored Gaslight vinyl too but I wouldnt get pissed at the people who did get them, even if it was their first record they ever bought.

+1 to travis. true statement.

It won't stop assholes from being assholes unfortunately.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why get mad at someone for starting to collect vinyl?

Just cause someone signed up recently for the board, doesnt mean they just started collecting and it shouldnt matter anyways if they did. We arent the only ones who buy vinyl and we all had to start somewhere. I do notice a ton of new people buying vinyl tho and I think thats cause of all the Brand New and Blink-182 vinyl that has been pressed recently. I dont think thats a bad thing tho. The more people who buy vinyl, the more titles that will get pressed.

If you got colored vinyl then good for you and if you missed out then tough shit. Thats how it goes.

Id be bummed too if I missed out on all the colored Gaslight vinyl too but I wouldnt get pissed at the people who did get them, even if it was their first record they ever bought.

Exactly, I definitely remember when I bought my first LP and I probably didn't buy another one for several years after. The reason why I bought that first record was "hey I have a record player and this is one of my favorite records right now this would be cool to have." I mean since then I've bought a lot more records but I'll still always remember that first one when I was still a teenager.

really?

i've literally purchased more than one color of a record maybe three times in my life; the other doubles were gifts. i think that pales in comparison to the majority of people on here.

it irks me a little that there's 8 pages consisting mostly of people getting their panties in a twist about which color they're getting and if they get a color at all.

sounds like you need a little more to do in your life than get irked about whether people like color over black vinyl. its their money to do what they want with, how can it possibly affect your life to know someone you dont know and will never meet prefers to have color vinyl.

my life was so affected by their decision to purchase said colored vinyl and the subsequent threads resulting from it, that i went out and committed puppy genocide tonight with a light saber. i then contemplated ending it all by jumping off a bridge, but thought better of it. cuz i don't want to miss the pre-order for the new tigers jaw coming out this weekend.

sounds like you need a little more to do in your life than get irked about whether people like color over black vinyl. its their money to do what they want with, how can it possibly affect your life to know someone you dont know and will never meet prefers to have color vinyl.

my life was so affected by their decision to purchase said colored vinyl and the subsequent threads resulting from it, that i went out and committed puppy genocide tonight with a light saber. i then contemplated ending it all by jumping off a bridge, but thought better of it. cuz i don't want to miss the pre-order for the new tigers jaw coming out this weekend.

<3 to infinity.......and beyond.

<3 to infinity.......and beyond.

xoxo.

i knew mass murdering defenseless puppies was the way to your heart!

If you got a coloured copy of American Slang by the Gaslight Anthem...

...and only started posting within the last few days:

FUCK YOU. With a sword. In the ass.

No, this isn't a joke.

(I haven't bought any of them yet, I'll probably just pick up a 180g when I get some more monies)

um... no one's really freaking out over new people buying records

http://vinylcollective.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=vinylcollectivecooplabel&action=display&thread=9736

I understand why someone would want the colored variant of a record and even be upset over missing out on one. I don't understand why anyone would want a record with this description:

Dip Half Black/Half White (Cover Green Splatter on White side)

Especially when it's pressed at Pirate's Press and the black version was pressed at Rainbo. US vinyl sounds and looks better, yo.

I also don't understand why anyone would buy a Gaslight Anthem record, but I digress.

- Some people buy variants because they have a desire to collect. Some people think that's stupid and waste of money.

- Some people frame records because they prize them and enjoy the art work. Some people think that's a waste of the medium and records are for playing, not displaying.

- Some people think buying exclusive and limited variants for the sole purpose for selling them on ebay is a slap in the face of the true fans and collectors who would actually prize and play the album. Others think it's a simple matter of supply and demand, and use the same opportunity to purchase an album during a presale that everyone else has with every intention of flipping it.

The same debate every damn time.

- Some people buy variants because they have a desire to collect. Some people think that's stupid and waste of money.

- Some people frame records because they prize them and enjoy the art work. Some people think that's a waste of the medium and records are for playing, not displaying.

- Some people think buying exclusive and limited variants for the sole purpose for selling them on ebay is a slap in the face of the true fans and collectors who would actually prize and play the album. Others think it's a simple matter of supply and demand, and use the same opportunity to purchase an album during a presale that everyone else has with every intention of flipping it.

The same debate every damn time.

You forgot

- Fuck you. No, fuck you.

This thread embodies everthing vc stands for: new ppl improperly valuing vinyl, blaming ronnie for shit, hitting on allison & a comment getting blown out of proportion. Shit, someone post some n00dz & I fuck up mailing shit & it'll be complete!

joe, so glad that you came out of semi-retirement to post this, hahaha.