records THAT much better on vinyl

tim

This thread is about good albums that sound so much better on vinyl that you acquired a whole new appreciation for them.

I got Raised Fist "Dedication" off ebay a couple days ago. I always loved this disc and the band itself, but I had no idea that on vinyl it would somehow sound even faster and more pummeling. I can't breathe when I listen to it.

Another one that comes to mind is Snow Patrol's "Eyes Open". I picked up for cheap and wasn't expecting much; it was just the best radio-rock band around at the time. But hearing it in analog, how it was meant to sound - not dulled down for the radio - it sounds so rich.

I remember when I got Full Collapse in high school and was blown away at how much better than quality was on record than on CD. I was like HOLY SHIT this is amazing. It pretty much sparked my interest in serious record collecting. Most recently I really heard a different in all the Pixies albums.

Led Zeppelin IV ("Zoso")...it was my dad's...I remember the first time I played it, I thought the earth itself was rumbling...it was so bottom-heavy and loud...Every once in a while I still put it on...Now, if I can get a copy of 'Led Zeppelin II' and play "Moby Dick"...I am sure that will tear down the walls of the room!

Led Zeppelin IV ("Zoso")...it was my dad's...I remember the first time I played it, I thought the earth itself was rumbling...it was so bottom-heavy and loud...Every once in a while I still put it on...Now, if I can get a copy of 'Led Zeppelin II' and play "Moby Dick"...I am sure that will tear down the walls of the room!

yard/garage sales man, i've seen more copies of led zep 2 than i can count.

yard/garage sales man, i've seen more copies of led zep 2 than i can count.

Thanks dude. I haven't actively looked for one...but this thread has inspired to go find it...

Fuck yes. I've never owned that album on anything but vinyl. Soooooooooo fucking good. I've got the picture disc.

i wasnt even aware they made a picture disc of that album. ive seen Liar around a few times on pic disc, but never Goat.

liar, goat, and down all sound so much better on wax. they really lose a lot on compact disc

Guest scriptedrain

i was surprised about that this wasn't in any of the earlier posts. this album is AMAZING on wax.

I made a thread exactly like this back in June and Give Up was in the first 10 posts.

Fake Problems

Bomb The Music Industry

Defiance Ohio

all sound better on vinyl.

By me, again? :)

- Jeff