The Ocean - Heliocentric/Anthropocentric 4xLP Box

[image]

The Ocean - Heliocentric / Anthropocentric 4xLP Box (Preorder)

*** note: This strictly limited box is designed to hold 2 gatefold covers and 4x 180g vinyl records: the "Heliocentric" album (April 13th 2010) and the "Anthropocentric" album (October 2010). For now, the box is only being delivered with the "Heliocentric" album included! The "Anthropocentric" album can be purchased separately in October ***

heavy (950 g) black cardboard box with silver hot foil stamp print all across the front and exclusive artwork by Martin Kvamme

the box has space for both the "Heliocentric" and the "Anthropocentric" albums

Inside the box

"Heliocentric" gatefold cover with 3 revolving transparent & silver-printed PVC dials attached to the front of gatefold with a screw: the inner dial shows the sun, the next (larger dial) shows the orbits of the planets revolving around the sun, the outer dial shows the zodiacs and a stellar map. These dials can be manually turned.

the "Anthropocentric" album will be sold separately in October, to be put into this box... It will come in a separate gatefold cover with similar artwork, dials etc.

Inside the "Heliocentric" gatefold

2x 180 g colored vinyl

D-side has an engraving featuring special artwork by Martin Kvamme

9 special cards with images by Francisco de Hollanda and lyrics on backside.

http://pelagic-records.com/shop/

i wonder if this is another example of the art & packaging way surpassing the actual musical content. have listened to these new songs and found my mind wandering off quite a lot during their playback. finding the vocal, whatever delivery the singer is doing, to be very unremarkable. the music isn't hugely challenging either. i have the fluxion CD and whilst i am in the midst of trading it away, it is quite a decent record.

the packaging however, is un-fucking-believable, as with most The Ocean releases.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know if any US distros are getting the new record on vinyl? It's coming out next week. It looks awesome and i really dig the songs, but i can't justify spending ~$40 for one double LP this isn't out of print and i don't want the whole box set.

I just listened to Anthropocentric all the way through today... not impressed. On these two records, each has a handful of decent tracks, but the albums on a whole aren't very good.

Also, seems kind of weird/lame that they're selling a box set for which you have to buy one of the albums later and put it in the box.

I just listened to Anthropocentric all the way through today... not impressed. On these two records, each has a handful of decent tracks, but the albums on a whole aren't very good.

Also, seems kind of weird/lame that they're selling a box set for which you have to buy one of the albums later and put it in the box.

oh no, now they're selling the box complete.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...

Reissues of both albums are up for pre-order. No box set this time, just individual gatefolds.

There's also a t-shirt bundle, but most sizes are already sold out.

North America (Indiemerch):

Anthropocentric

Heliocentric

Europe (Pelagic Records):

Anthropocentric

Heliocentric

9 hours ago, Echo020 said:

Reissues of both albums are up for pre-order. No box set this time, just individual gatefolds.

There's also a t-shirt bundle, but most sizes are already sold out.

North America (Indiemerch):

Anthropocentric

Heliocentric

Europe (Pelagic Records):

Anthropocentric

Heliocentric

Good Lookin Out! I grabbed the Copernicus versions of both