Mineral vinyl

there are no extra sleeves and they are asking me to send back my damaged record and sleeve on my own dime, at which point they will send me a new copy shipped in an lp mailer. i asked how they can send me another blue when there were only 50 and they allegedly sold out last week, and they said they found "more" of them. im waiting for a response about how many more they found, but needless to say, im not very happy about purchasing something for more than double the price of the black version under the pretense of a much shorter run than is actually the case.

Just received the record today. Cover is beat to hell because of the packaging, but record is fine.

Did the original press of this only have 8 tracks on it? because the back cover only lists 4 tracks per side, but the record has all 10 tracks on it.

Yea, the original only had 8 tracks. Missing 80-37 and Take The Picture Now. Not sure why.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it I guess it wouldn't have all fit on a single LP if they had those two tracks. So I guess they picked, or someone picked, those two tracks to omit so that they didn't have to do a double LP. That's what I'm thinking, but I could be wrong.

With all these issues, I still can't get myself to buy this... And I really want it.

mine was supposed to ship today. they said everything from here on out will be in cardboard mailers.

i don't think there's as many issues as you think.

people here just like to bitch.

i'll post a picture to confirm if everything went ok when/if mine get's here.

Yea, the original only had 8 tracks. Missing 80-37 and Take The Picture Now. Not sure why.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it I guess it wouldn't have all fit on a single LP if they had those two tracks. So I guess they picked, or someone picked, those two tracks to omit so that they didn't have to do a double LP. That's what I'm thinking, but I could be wrong.

I got mine in one of the envelopes and it was completely messed up. I emailed them about it and they were completely understanding. I sent mine back and Jamie said they'll send me another in a mailer.

I got mine in one of the envelopes and it was completely messed up. I emailed them about it and they were completely understanding. I sent mine back and Jamie send they'll send me another in a mailer.

Well that's good to hear! I will email them then. I just had my doubts because everything up until they apparently said they will send the rest out in mailers has been pretty sketchy.

And yea, my copy is 10 tracks. Actually hadn't noticed that since I have it sitting under a couple boxes of records to flatten it out. I guess they were able to squeeze them all on. Maybe back in the 90's for the first press they couldn't fit quite as much? Who knows.

I'm not trying to treating anyone like the bad guys really. I just think for a company that has done so much previously in the vinyl game it's kind of strange to pull a rookie move like this and ship records out in one of the worst ways I have ever seen. I'm sure I will be perfectly satisfied with Crank when they respond to my email and get me a new copy that isn't warped.

But you have to admit the fact that they "sold out" of the blue, but now it appears they have more to send out for those who had their copies damaged in transit is a little sketchy. Not to mention the $22 price hike to get the blue. Just sayin.