Mineral vinyl

I still don't understand why Crank! don't have an online store. They obviously have more copies of this and the demand is definitely there.

This. Along with Mineral, they need to press all the fireside stuff. I'd be all over those Fantastic Four, Do not Tailgate and Hello Kids if they were pressed on vinyl. .

Well they only have a few titles left in catalog anyway. And yeah, if you are really interested you can deal sending an email I think..

Having said that, they had a web store until a few years ago but then closed it down as it's not an active label anymore.

Guess that it was somewhat cool to grab the blue repress which came out almost secretly, a sort of "thrill of the hunt" thing if you know what i mean. Or maybe just plain luck, probably  :D

• 2 weeks later...

From their latest newsletter: "Enter 1040SAVE and save 15% on your order from now until April 15th, 2014."

Fuck, I was looking for a code to buy this. Oh well. Picked it up anyways without 15% off. I never read newsletters, just straight to trash. Maybe I should start.

Fuck yes! Jeff still has some of those Blue copies of The Power of Failing (limited to 50 according to discogs...? Doesn't sound right.) if people are interested. I just got one  :D  Looks like he's all sold out of End Serenading though.

The Power of Failing on blue is $40...kind of seems worth it though, especially if it's really limited to 50.

Fuck yes! Jeff still has some of those Blue copies of The Power of Failing (limited to 50 according to discogs...? Doesn't sound right.) if people are interested. I just got one  :D  Looks like he's all sold out of End Serenading though.

The Power of Failing on blue is $40...kind of seems worth it though, especially if it's really limited to 50.

The reason they still have blue copies is they're the same thing but more than double the cost.

I think there are a total of 150 colored vinyl available

* We would *love* to repress EndSerenading too, and it seems the demand is huge for it.  Our big problem is finding the original artwork.  Give us a little bit of time on this one and we'll try to get that done for you.

I hope this helps answer a few questions.  Let me know if you have any others.

And, as always, huge enormous heartfelt thanks for everybody's continued support of crank!

Jeff

crank! founder

The reason they still have blue copies is they're the same thing but more than double the cost.

I mean...you could say that about any record though really, couldn't you?

Why is any variant more expensive than a black unlimited record? Because it's limited and colored.

Just because you're getting it at a marked up price direct from the distro rather than buying it at a marked up price on the secondary market doesn't make it any less limited or worthwhile, does it?

I mean...you could say that about any record though really, couldn't you?

Why is any variant more expensive than a black unlimited record? Because it's limited and colored.

Just because you're getting it at a marked up price direct from the distro rather than buying it at a marked up price on the secondary market doesn't make it any less limited or worthwhile, does it?

The point is that Crank, the label that repressed it is selling the more limited color for a ridiculously high price. Shitty of them to

do. Who the fuck wants to pay $40 for a single LP directly from a label?

The point is that Crank, the label that repressed it is selling the more limited color for a ridiculously high price. Shitty of them to

do. Who the fuck wants to pay $40 for a single LP directly from a label?

I mean, I get it and it is certainly shitty of them, and knowing that it isn't actually limited to 50 makes me want it significantly less so I probably won't be finishing my order for blue since I just asked him if he could hold on to one for me.

But I guess what I'm saying is, let's say Deja gets repressed and they're selling a black vinyl copy for $25, and an almost identical but colored and more limited version for $60. Are you telling me that there aren't people on this board who would snatch up every last one of those colored slabs?

I'm not trying to argue that it isn't shitty of them to do it, I'm just saying that it doesn't seem unthinkable that a company, which is what any label or distro is in the long run, would see the potential for profit and try to take advantage of it. Especially considering that if they were the same price from the label, they would be sold out long ago and flipped for at least $60 on the secondary market.

Anyway, long story short, like I said, not trying to start an argument or anything, I just don't see why anyone would knock someone for getting stoked that something they thought was limited to 50 copies wasn't sold out, and obviously if that same person posted the price, they know how much it cost.